Thursday, December 4, 2008

Fire Beauty

I was lucky on a day in August. After spending the morning and part of the afternoon at a camp for kids with or are survivors of cancer, I needed to do some country side roaming on my way home. This old faded red beast came into view and never wanting to miss a picture opportunity I stopped and got out of my truck. When I walked closer to it I swore I got a whiff of smoke. It must of been embedded into the paint that is now rusting away. What a life this old truck must of had and what a shame that it's now just sitting in a field of nowhere. But now it's here and it will always be imprinted in my mind.

3 comments:

Dar said...

That first shot deserves to be displayed on a wall somewhere, ... but here is very good, so that it can always have the chance to imprint on someone else's mind too. :)

Jude said...

Good idea Dar. Actually, I made up a poster sized copy of that first shot and it's hanging in my office at work. ;)

Joel Alvarez said...

Beautiful pictures...