Tuesday, January 20, 2009

New Addition


Just in case you haven’t heard, the Bush has left the Whitehouse. Good news for just about everyone in the universe and it’s time to get to the business now. Two years of hearing about the elections is way too long for me, so on a lighter note let me introduce you to Ziggy Stardust.

R and I were heading to Carlsbad yesterday morning to walk around, smell the ocean breeze, and just have a relaxing day together. Enroute to Carlsbad we were going to stop at a Humane Society since we’ve been tossing around the idea of getting another dog. At first I had wanted one that I could really put my arms around and give a hug. Similar in size to the one I have now, Harley Girl. It was just a couple of mornings ago though when I was out in the yard looking at the poopiles, then multiplying them by two that’s when I decided, why not get a smaller dog.

I found one on line that looked really cute. So on our way to Carlsbad, we diverted and met “Redford” and fell in love with him. Before we could take claim of him though he had to meet with Harley. R took the truck and made the round trip in an hour while I hung out with “Redford”. I can honestly say he’s a little doll too. He’s got a lot of expressions in his face and seems like he’s got some smarts in him too. He’s been in an outdoor environment all of his 13 months so I’m hoping that he’s going to enjoy sleeping on a warm and comfy bed. Plus he shouldn’t be taking up too much room in our bed either once he proves he can be a good dog. The meeting with Harley went along just fine too. Other than a couple of looks, Harley ignored him. We almost lost the little guy up Harley’s butt one time when she stopped short. After that one time the little guy sniffed while Harley was standing still. See, quick learner. I’ll give it some time but I think they’re going to be best of buds. Everyone passed the test, we gave the HS the check now we’re waiting for his nuts to get removed and he’ll be home in 1 to 2 weeks. R and I spent the night coming up with a rename. His Redford name came from the humane society so he’s only been Redford for 2 weeks and a noname before then. The list consisted of Radar, Ranger, Scout, Stanley, Fergus, Meatloaf (but not for long), Zeus, Rambo and a few cutie ones that I’m not even going to mention here. We finally both agreed on Ziggy.

So here’s to the new family in the White House, it's about time. And here's to Ziggy, we’re waiting for you to come home boy.

7 comments:

lesbo blogger said...

What? Bush left? Who knew! ;)
Can we say YAY!!!!!!
Congrats on the cute little man addition to your household!!

Dar said...

Ziggy's adorable! Look at his eyes! you just hug him and let him know how much he is loved! Congrats on the new family member Jude. I just know he will be well loved and cared for. :)

Dar said...

oops, that should be: ...you just 'wanna' hug him....

Jude said...

LOL...that's right Lesbo, who knew? I've never seen so many countdowns before, I'm glad it's all over. geezzzz Now it's time to prove to the LGBT's that we have the right to hope too.

Jude said...

Actually Dar, the little guy let me pick him up and he was snoozin in my arms until the HS Lady came in to check on us. He'll be a little lover for sure.

Dar said...

Good! He knows a good thing when he sees it. :)

kimber p said...

what an adorable face! he looks very smart and I just love his name :) I found you thru my friend Propane Amy's blog..have a wonderful weekend..

word verification: ilindsh---as in "are you enjoying the cuisine?"
'yes, it's rather ilindsh'

ok..maybe reachin there...lol