Thursday, January 8, 2009

Time to eat the worm.....


….We were having a nice comfortable, relaxing evening just a little while ago. I was getting my back rubbed, watching some TV, surrounded by all good things when all of a sudden the floor starts to shake and shimmie, the house starts making unusual noises, the cat goes flying across the floor – yes, I did not see one paw touch the carpet, all of this happened in a span of 8 seconds. I think it was around the 6 second mark that it connected in my brain that we were having an earthquake, and of course by the time R and I got into action by the mere act of standing up, it was over. WOW R said, that’s the biggest one I’ve felt so far. I immediately turned on my laptop and went to the favorite “Resent Earthquakes in Southern California”, they haven’t yet dedicated a site called recent eq’s near Jude, I’m figuring it might take another year for that to happen. Looking at the map I saw this fkn big red square covering half of California, then when I did a close up it was really just covering a small portion of San Bernardino. 5.0 on the kiss your butt scale. Just a small one, about 50 miles from us but big enough for two Jersey girls to walk around for 5 minutes afterwards in circles. See, we’re use to snow storms, ice in all forms and bugs that eat the leaves off of trees, not these foot massages or in my case butt rub. All is back to normal now, the cat has landed and R is sound asleep on the couch. Guess the back rub session is over, well, maybe later…..

5 comments:

Dar said...

Sorry to hear that your back rub session was interrupted. LOL, heck, just glad that things are well enough there after the quake for you to be lamenting it's ending. Think I'll have a drink too. I felt a bit rattled myself when I saw the topic of this post...

Diane said...

Well, getting your butt rubbed does in some ways trump a back rub, but just not in this particular case. Scary stuff. I'm from Jersey myself and have been out to CA only once, with no eq activity. I'd love to become transplanted permanently but that's not happening for another 5 years. What made youse guys leave Joisey for the home of the Schwartzenegger? Or should I say which of the many, many justifiable reasons for leaving Jersey did you use? Take care & happy new year!

Jude said...

Dar, I read in the paper this morning they down graded the shake from a 5 to a 4.5, hey it relieved the tension a bit that was building up...just like my back rub was doing. There were a number of aftershocks too but I didn't feel any of those. Thanks for visiting Diane and as much as I'm a Jersey girl, living in San Diego can't be beat. It's paradise here. The heaviest coat I wear is a hoodie. My partner went back to Jersey last month and she had forgotten about the ice scrapping and snow shoveling....she was very happy to get back home. Our move here was job related and as much as we love the weather, we're still searching for the perfect pizza pie. Even the so called NY style here isn't even close to what you have. We found one place thats very good though. We go to eat in so it's nice and fresh, order a pie then make orgasmic noises while we're eating it. What the heck, it's free entertainment for the other guests.

lesbo blogger said...

san diego!
you are so lucky. i love that area! love. it! the weather.. is.. amazing! october is one of my favorite times there :)

as for pizza.. i know some folks who own a pizza joint in north park. i dunno if you're near that area but it's pretty delicious and worth checking out. AND there's a divey little dyke bar a block down that same street! it's a wonderful place to go have a drink while waiting for your pie :)

here's the link http://www.leftyspizza.com/ if you want to check it out.

hope you enjoy it!

also, glad the earthquake wasn't too extreme and that everyone is alright!

Jude said...

Hey Lesbo! Thanks for the connection. We searched again this weekend and ended up with a too cheesy, too thick crust pie in the area of Mission Beach. We'll try out this place next time we're in the MidTown area...and I heart divey dkyie bar's.