Tuesday, February 17, 2009

DANG IT!


The Wife and I were out shopping the other day. When we got in line together she had her couple of items and I had my one. At the time, for a reason I can’t remember now, I told her to use her bank card for her stuff and I would take care of mine with another card. Being the proper Dyke that I am, I was standing behind R. So during my check out when the lady asked for my ID she came out with a question that I wasn’t prepared to answer. Now, granted, I have the endless list of comebacks when I get sir-ed but when she asked me if we were SISTERS I was floored. After I said NO, it took me a few seconds to figure out where that question came from…..myDUHmoment. She saw two cards with the same last names and I missed a good comeback moment, shit. Next time. I can’t wait, this is going to be fun.

5 comments:

Propane Amy said...

Oh i love the sir comments. And it's even better when people come into the bathroom I'm walking out of and they have to look twice to make sure they are going in the right one. I just say " Yes, it's the little girls room".

I've had people ask my GF if she was my mother!!! LMAO. And I'm the older one!!!

small town dyke said...

I know what you mean the comebacks are never there for me when I need them. When my wife was pregnate wuth our child I got aske if I was the grandma Wtf I was 31 at the time. I think it was just easier for them to think that them that we might be dykes.

Real Live Lesbian said...

Oh yeah...be ready next time!

Jude said...

wish i had a quarter for every time i got sir-ed....Amy, i dont even have to be coming out of the ladies room...i could be in the middle of JC Pennys buying men's underwear and i get (well, that wouldnt count)...and comebacks, i wish i was a master of them sometimes but then i do get lucky every once in a while....when a husband and wife team were leaving a diner, they walked by our table of 4 women when the one guy said under his breath but to us, "goodnight Larry, goodnight Bob and I said loud enough, goodnight Dick" which made my table laugh the loudest....that was a good one...so now I'll be ready to handle the 'you sisters?" question. Just going to say, "No, she's my wife," and have a big shit ass grin on my face. I love being OUT.

Dawg said...

Out and Proud eh! :)