Thursday, February 19, 2009

Stick It


You ever see those cute little family car window decals that people are putting on the rear windows these days? Well, I’ve wanted to do my family on my rear but have decided that they don’t have all the characters that I would need. No problems with the two dogs, I can even get a small and large version, same with the cat. And I was delighted to see they have a couple of birds to choose from too so I could properly represent Buddy the bird. Ok, so the “kids” are covered. The Wife is covered too. Here’s where I run into problems. First one is my Dad. He lives with us and he’s around 88 years old and he’s a very cool guy too. But they don’t have an elderly type person, like with a cane and a little hunched over. I can’t pick the typical man figure because that just wouldn’t fit my Dad. Then there’s me, the Dyke. I can’t be the man, I don’t want to be the man and I don’t want to be the teenager with the spike type hair and I definitely can’t be the Mom type figure either. I want to be the dyke, but they don’t have dyke choices. A figure with pants or shorts, short hair, shirt and TITS should be my option for me. Would that be so hard to do? Or is it that even in the stick family car window decal world, they don’t believe in alternative families? In a perfect world, my rear window would have…..an old man with a cane, a dyke, a wife, big dog, medium cat, small dog and a bird. Maybe I should try the custom family sticker option.

8 comments:

Propane Amy said...

When you find one of those.... you let me know.

lesbo said...

Gf has those on her car.. But, like your family, it's not fitting. She has two mom-like girls but she definitely is not ever going to be seen in a skirt with long hair LOL she needs a dyke lady, too!

Dawg said...

I've seen some that are confusing. Like an obvious dad, mom, and after that I was lost. It looked like another mom, another dad, 3 teens, 2 kids, 3 dogs.
So grandparents, their married son, and there grandchildren with grandpets?


I think a company who is currently selling pride items should consider marketing these family stick figures to suit gays and lesbians ... and of course ... us dykes!

Dar said...

Couldn't you just buy a couple of those stickers and cut em up till you come with the right combination?

Jude said...

So it sounds like we need some dyke figures. Dar, yeah I could go ahead a purchase more than what I need then cut them up. Or I could do the generic thing, like use flip flops, or turtles or palm trees but I don't like generic. Unless they came out with a vertical smile family decal. Yeah, I would go generic then and be giving 7 moons to the people who are behind me.
)( )( )( )( )( )( )(

Dar said...

I guess it depends on what sort of impression you'd like people to have of those in the vehicle.

Linda said...

Loving your blog, Jude.

Linda said...

Loving your blog, Jude.