Wednesday, March 4, 2009

.... let me count the ways. One

How do I love thee?

The only logical place to start is the beginning, when my love for you all began. You remember it was Valentine’s Day; actually it was around 8pm that night when I decided to go to the local gay bar, Maddies’. I was single and for whatever reason my friends were busy so I went to the bar alone thinking I’d find someone there to hang with for the night. After spending a couple of hours sitting at the bar and talking to a gay guy, you walked into Maddies’ and at that moment neither one knew that our lives were to change forever.

You had just gotten off from work and made the bold decision to stop in since you and your boyfriend had been there before and he had introduced you to the owner. You were hoping that Maddie would be behind the bar so you’d know at least one person in the joint. She was and no sooner did you walk in and sat down right by me, Maddie introduced you to me. We started talking, I did my dyke chick scan on you, and we talked some more. I politely dumped the gay guy, he understood, so I could spend the time there with you.

I noticed that it was two minutes to midnight and I said to you that Valentine’s Day was almost over and would mind if I gave you a kiss. I saw you take that quick breath in and as your eyes moved up from the floor to my eyes, you said no, you wouldn’t mind a kiss. I remember swallowing very hard, my palms got a bit sweaty and my heart sped up as I leaned slowly towards your lips and we kissed. It was a very modest kiss but it was all that was needed to make my eyes go blind from the fireworks that were shooting off in my head.

Twenty seven years ago we both melted like butter from our first kiss.


To be continued.

17 comments:

Windy Days said...

Crying, Jude. I'm crying. What the hell is wrong with you?! That should have carried some sort of warning. "Incredibly Sweet Content Ahead. Big Saps May Want To Turn Back Now. Kleenex May Be Required."

lesbo said...

so sweet!
I can't wait to hear/read more!

kandazzle said...

awww. cute! first kisses are the best thing ever.

also thanks for the comment on my blog!!!

<3

small town dyke said...

I agree with windy, that is just beautiful cant wait till you post more.

B said...

all I can say is wow!

Propane Amy said...

I agree with windy days, we shoulda been warned!! That was THE best post i have ever read in my short time on the blog ranch. It was beautiful. You are an amazing woman and I look up to you and envy your 27 year long romance. I wish you both the best in the years to come. i hope some day I have the honor to meet you both.

Dawg said...

Awwww! :)

Linda said...

Ahhhh...those are the sweetest words I've ever heard from you. well, written Jude. Really conveys the emotions.

leftie said...

you made it up right Jude????? this is so hopelessly goooooey!!!! :))) looks like the kid is a romantic...

Dragon said...

Ah, that is sweet. :-)

trinity2 said...

My Goddess that's so great! My gf and I met in a similar fashion but not on V day.

Jude said...

thanks everyone. Windy, you're a riot and Leftie, the gooooo actually happened....lol

Pamela said...

Jude i am very taken by your written word. thank you for inviting me in

Real Live Lesbian said...

Awww! How sweet is THAT!

Way to go on getting that kiss in. Brave soul, you are.

Can't wait to read the rest. ;)

Squirty said...

I can only hope to have story like that one day! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Dar said...

The kid is definitely a romantic Lefty; she's a Grace Kelly, don't you know. (Grin)

C said...

how sweet is that? awwww....
hurry and write more....

C