Wednesday, March 25, 2009

.... let me count the ways. Three

How do I love thee?

I still had your phone number 3 days after the night we met and had the most outrageous time of early morning love making. Looking at that little piece of paper in my hands should have been a heads up to me that what I was about to do could turn into something that I shied away from, commitment. For some reason unknown to me, you were different so I called. You answered and I said “Hey, it’s Judy” (because you’re the one that renamed me JUDE). I could hear some apprehension on the line but that quickly changed to a tone of happiness. We talked and I asked you out on a date.

How many months did we replay going out, coming home and leaving a trail of clothes from the doorway to the bedroom? We were happy with that arrangement with the exception of you having to leave at 4AM so you could drive back to your home. I was your first woman lover and you were married. You needed to get back.

Do you remember the car on rock morning? Living in the woods at the end of a long driveway where a portion had to be driven by backing up, you didn’t miss the big boulder one morning. You drove partially over it and got stuck. There was no way a sexed out Dyke and Femme was getting your Malibu off the boulder with a push since it was see-sawing on the dang thing. So you drove my little Honda Accord home. Problem with that was it was a stick and you didn’t know how to shift. A 10 minute lesson later you took off in grinding first gear. When you called to tell me you got home you were so proud you had gotten it into third gear on the highway. Ouch.

I think it was around that point we started to seriously consider you moving in with me. I knew I was in love; you had gotten inside my heart. It was getting old you having to leave each morning and I was beginning to dislike the empty warm spot in bed that had been you. Plus, the simple fact was we had to save the cars.

You moved in with me.

to be continued

13 comments:

shane rocket said...

:)
wow

Propane Amy said...

That was the best one yet. keep it coming JUDE

small town dyke said...

ahh you need to blog more often I want the good stuff now!

Dawg said...

Awww .. more please!

chris said...

What a beautiful story! I'm loving these installments! Hey, whatever happened to the car that was seesawing? Can't wait for the next chapter! :o)

Real Live Lesbian said...

I just love this story line!

Only bad thing about it is that it's WAY too slow! Type!!!!

lesbo said...

i can see why wifey was so addicted...
you always know just where to stop to make us go crazy waiting for the next chapter!

Dragon said...

Thats so sweet! Almost sounds like a fairytail.

Monkey Outlaw said...

More More - leave us hanging like some boulder on a cliff!!! Shame on you! Loving this! :)

Jen, the Yankee said...

Awww this is awesome Jude :) Can't wait for the rest ...

Sandy said...

So you're leaving us time to take a cold shower and to our imagination.I am anxiously awaiting the next chapter.This is really sweet and special.

Dar said...

R, if you are reading this, you must be thrilled. Not many have such a woman in their life that after so many years of being together, is still so much in love with them that they have to write and tell the whole world about it. Way to go you two; may the story continue forever.

Thanks for sharing Jude. :)

Windy Days said...

You guys should have changed your name to Lovemore or Sappington.