Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sweet Sunday




Boy it was a beautiful day today. It must of gotten up in the mid to high 60’sF and there’s still a sweet breeze blowing outside….Sweet, Sweet Sunday.

We headed out later than normal this morning for our Sunday breakfast at the diner (more like a restaurant but you can never take the Jersey out of Jersey girls, so we call it a diner). We had Harley and Ziggy with us. Young Zig is finally getting the hang of riding in a car while the Wife is driving. Instead of falling off the seat every time R comes to a last minute break, he’s now hugging the back of the seat, just like how Harley and I do. They each got some bacon after our breakfast.

Then it was some hang out time at home. Ziggy got a much needed bath, R did some grocery shopping and I cleaned Buddy’s cage. NACAR saw R in front of the TV while I did some work on my pictures for the Coalition Newsletter. Then I headed to town for a couple of hours to take pictures. This one was taken at a red light; the flowers were in the medium. I have no idea what kind they are other than orange.

When I got home the aroma of baked chicken was throughout the house. My Wife is a great cook! We had the chicken with mashed potatoes and peas. I masterly smashed the spuds and carved the chicken while R made the gravy. I think this is one of my favorite meals besides her spaghetti which I have to figure out how to bottle her gravy and make tons of money.

I just finished up configurating the dish water, taking the garbage out and now we’re waiting for the last episode of the L Word to start. Life can’t get any better. Maybe I can charm R into some desert later ; )

10 comments:

shane rocket said...

Your composition is always great! colors pop as well. Glad to hear someone else is as domesticated as we are. My wife is a great cook as well, me mac&cheese that's about it. We also have a Harley. :) I am glad someone else is as addicted to their blog as I am. Enjoy the week.

Dar said...

Yep, Sweet Sunday is right. :)

Windy Days said...

I love it when people write about wonderfulness instead of bitching and moaning! Thanks for a dose of goodness! Kiddo

Solo said...

Were you still in the mood for dessert despite watching the Finale?
When I was in college, that's the same exact meal I wanted my Mother to make when I would go home! Comfort Food never goes out of style.

Dragon said...

Great pic! Were you as disappointed in the last season as many others. I was pretty pissed off by the end. They get everyone hyped up through the whole season and then leave it wide open.

Jude said...

Solo, I'm always ready for dessert. Dragon, check out Solo's blog, I put my disappointing L Word comments there.

lesbo said...

What a wonderful day!
Hope you got your dessert ;)

Dar said...

Everyone should have dessert. :)

Solo said...

I just read your 'alternate ending' and nearly passed out from laughing! Jude, step away from the camera. You should really consider doing the screenplay. Your version was a gazillion times better than anything Chaiken thought up.
Did I mention how freakin' funny it was?????? Good job!

Dawg said...

Saturday was gorgeous here. Sunday, notsomuch.

Can I borrow the wife? I need a good home-cooked meal! :)