Friday, April 24, 2009

The Place to Wellville




My Dad and I have been coming to the Tennessee Fitness Spa for the past 5 years. We see a few Spa friends from previous years but mostly we meet new people and it's normally a very mixed crowd. By the third day of pain and suffering the camaraderie among the strangers is very high.

Warming up for the morning walk. No beer here.


No cell phone bars either. Where the healthy grub is served.

This year my Dad will be celebrating his 89th birthday while we're here. I've called ahead and made arrangements with the kitchen for something special for him. If he doesn't enjoy the naked fitness instructor jumping out of an unsweetened cake, you know I will.

The food is outrageous. The only meal that I'm not fond of is their spaghetti but that's because the Wife (Italian) has spoiled me with her gravy (sauce).

Two weeks of doing nothing but something good for me, me, me. I need it and it will be well worth the time and hurting muscles.

Right now, I have to go get a double of my special "desert". Two weeks of no Wife, I don't want to think about that right now.


Me and my Dad.


14 comments:

Solo said...

A nekkid instructor jumping from an unsweetened cake...I think that's what I want for MY b.d.!!
Have a fabulous trip, girl! That's some beautiful country and I know you'll post lots o' pix upon returning. Smooch Dad for all of us too.

Windy Days said...

Joey and then Wellville. Florida and then . . .?

Monkey Outlaw said...

How wonderful that your dad has a daughter like you that will still take the time to be with him! And how awesome it is that he is willing to hang out with his kids still! LOL!!! Those relationships are few and far between!

shane rocket said...

Lots of hugs to you two and the "wife" you left at home. Although if she is a t home alone and makes such great sgetti- i might just jump on a plane!!!

Jude said...

We'll make sure to have that when you two visit. I swear if we could jar her gravy we'd make millions. It's better than Newman's.

marie said...

Two weeks no wife! ACK! I'm in pain for you!

lesbo said...

This place looks stunning! What a great tradition for you two!
LOTS of dessert prior to the trip! Lesbo's orders!

Real Live Lesbian said...

I had no idea that place was around here! What time's the nekkid instructor poppin' out?

Dragon said...

Always good to do something for yourself.

Aaron said...

the place looks awesome! happy b-day to dad awesome that you are close i hop eme and my son when im your dad's age!

http://flgaydad.today.com/

Jen said...

Have fun with your dad Jude! Hope it's a wonderful time! xo

Sandy said...

I think its awesome the relationship you and your Dad share.Now, don't knock over Dad,trying to get to the suprise in the cake.This looks like a beautiful place to get healthy and meet new people.Happy Birthday,Dad.

Windy Days said...

COME HOME! I MISS YOU! HAVEN"T YOU SWEAT ENOUGH YET?! HOME! NOW! Please?

kimber p said...

this sounds like so much fun, I'd love to spend two weeks getting back in touch with my body and mind..I bet you have some great stories to tell about your times there... :)