Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Take this job and…..

I’m not having a good time at work. Lately I’ve been doing mindless shit and it’s driving me bonkers. See, we used to have people to do this mindless shit but they all got laid off, they’ve moved out of here, gone, bye-bye but this shit still has to get done.

I’m what’s called an individual contributor which I love because I don’t have any performance evaluations to do and I manage my own time. My work is mostly project related so I’m either part of a team or I manage a team. I’ve lead some major projects like closing and opening up manufacturing plants and warehouses, moved worked from the US to Brazil to India (not my fault people!!). I’ve trained people and still doing the LGBT training. I’ve kept myself marketable in the work place by getting a masters degree. All in all I’ve done well and have been relatively happy with the job. Not lately though.

The shit heads running the show have reduced our salaries, reduced the headcount in the US, taken away benefits, yet they keep on demanding more and more. Yeah, I should be happy to have a good job right? Bite me!

Vacation time isn’t coming quick enough.

16 comments:

Dragon said...

Yeah, I definalty feel your pain. Unforutantly, employeers have become slave drivers, their veiw, you should be lucky to work for them and feel they can get you to do whatever they want for them because if you don't, there are hundereds out there that will. Sad!

Dawg said...

Don't hate me for being the type that takes away the jobs and requires more of each employee! But I get it, and I think it is bullshit. And companies wonder why people go postal on their asses.

Jude said...

Thanks Dragon. I don't normally have to vent about the job.

Dawg, everybody is getting squeezed. At least this got me mad enough to figure out a better way to get the job done....on a data base and owners of the info enter the fucking numbers so next time I go after the owners. That was all that was needed, to get a smart Dyke mad...you know that feeling. At least I had some new music to listen to today.

Propane Amy said...

Affter reading that, I'm glad to have my job!!

small town dyke said...

lets hope vacation helps!

LilliGirl said...

I hope vacation is good.

Squirty said...

Mindless work is cool for like a day, until you get bored.

Listening to music always helped me. I hope it gets better. Vacation will certainly help!

Dar said...

You're that close to telling them the rest of the title of this post eh? Well, I say, good for you. You know what you're worth. I agree with Dragon; it is very sad when the bosses don't treat the people working for them with respect, just because they know they don't have to. You have every right to vent.

So did I read it correctly, did you find a better way to make the task easier? If it's true, make sure that the boss knows that you did. :)

Windy Days said...

So much for globalization. - Your commie friend

Jude said...

Vacation begins a week from this Saturday, for two weeks..yipee..bad part is the Wife won't be with me. :(

Dar, my boss lady is the best. She's in the same position too with the reorg. She's cool and hot too. It's the yin yang's above her and the CEO that have taken things a bit too far. But that's the ruthless corp. business world. The CEO's have to make the M$'s bonuses.

Hey Commie Friend, you're pure made in the USA and that's a good thing.

marie said...

Yeah, sometimes I have to remind myself that w-o-r-k is a four letter word for a reason... good luck..

chewy said...

My work week has been cut to 3 days. I can handle the amount of work... it's just that when I come in after having 2 days off, work has piled up and they need everything right away. I good at multi-tasking, but it's getting ridiculous.

shane rocket said...

hugs.... i think one of us should win the lottery and buy an island!!! we can garden and fish!! this country is imploding....

Jude said...

Shane, I'm gamed for that idea!

Dar said...

When you buy that island, let me know if you need a gardener. :)

Monkey Outlaw said...

Thus the reason we save our vacation time so we can take two weeks at a time ... here's to hoping you can hang until then :)!