Friday, May 15, 2009

….let me count the ways. Six


How do I love thee?

We were coming up to our first anniversary of being a couple. You had gotten your own dresser, felt right at home living with me and had taken this player right out of the player’s field. We decided to affirm our love in front of our friends in a special ceremony. The plans were made, invitations were sent out, flowers, cake and keg was ordered, tuxedos sized and rented for me and my best dyke and you bought the most beautiful dress I had ever seen you wear.

The morning of Feb 5th all hell broke loose because the blizzard of 1983 was in full force in Jersey. Luckily for us we had picked up everything that was needed the day before with the exception of the minister. He ended up calling us to cancel his trip from Trenton to North Jersey (hey, Jersey isn’t a big state) and suggesting that we reschedule the union. I went on a rampage with him about how we couldn’t put the flowers, cake, tuxes, and friends on hold. He didn’t care; he wasn’t going to drive on the nasty snow plowed roads. Just as well.

Remember calling everyone to tell them we were still going to have the party? A blizzard wasn’t going to stop our friends from getting to a place where there was a big keg of cold beer and tons of food waiting. They all showed up and instead of the minister we had my best friend say some very special words which meant more than any minister could have said. We exchanged our vows, did the ring thing, kissed and then friends cried, you cried, I had a beer and we were married in our hearts.

That was twenty seven years ago and finally just seven months ago we were able to officially get married in California. This time we exchanged our vows, did the ring thing, kissed, you cried, I had a beer and you took my name. We are still married in our hearts.

We’ve been together for a long time my Love and I know during those years I have given you some difficult times. I’ve taken you away from your family and friends with job relocations. I always haven’t been by your side when you’ve needed me but we’re still together and still in love with each other. I wouldn’t want it any other way so thank you for putting up with me. You still make me melt like butter.

Love you forever,

Jude


so cute (the wife).



one of many kisses that day.





cheers queers!



one of my ex's crashed the party.





what's that?



ok, enough already

15 comments:

Solo said...

Nice to know that real love still exists.
Congratulations girls, on your twenty seven years!!
Here's to a hundred more!

lesbo said...

may 15, 2009...
lesbo read your post, she cried, she ate ice cream, and now she wants a beer.

you two are so sweet. cheers to many many more years!

Newbo said...

Congratulations, you give a lot of cynics (myself included!) a lot of hope :)

reeflightning said...

congratulations! a true love story is a joy forever.

Windy Days said...

So that's the end of the story? I loved it. I don't want it to end. Sometimes when I'm reading a book that I really like I start reading slower towards the end. That's weird, I know.

You guys are amazing. Hurry up.

Windy Days said...

And about the ex - She looks like an ousted extra from the Rocky Horror Picture Show. Did you have on the biggest beer goggles ever known to man or did she abduct you and drug you or did it happen in some terrifying parallel universe in which you are punished for past discrepancies? Do tell.

kandazzle said...

You two are adorable!!! I have really enjoyed the story of your relationship.

P.S. Gotta love 80s hair!!!

Propane Amy said...

What an awesome life you have. Love the pics!!

You two are incredible!! I wish you many more years to come!!

B said...

Woohoo! 27 years!!!!

shane rocket said...

the both of you are in my heart... congrats...

Jude said...

Thanks everyone for your well wishes and yes, I'm planning on many more years with my wonderful Wife.

Becca, you crack me up and you also win the prize of noticing the crazy lady. You'll hear the full story about Ruby Red Lips in a few weeks. :)

Natalie said...

your last comment made me think of this song. only because of the name, but still...LOVE judith owen! she makes me laugh!

http://new.music.yahoo.com/videos/Judith+Owen/Ruby+Red+Lips--202160076

Jen said...

Congratulations Jude! I love the pictures. How awesome. You two are great. Many many more happy years for you both.

Oh, and you've been together about as long as I've been alive : ) I'll have my 27th birthday in about a month :) :) :)

Aaron said...

adorable real love awesome!

Dragon said...

That is awesome, love to hear when couples are together that long and still happily in love. That is rare to find anywhere. :-)