Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Back from our trip to Florida


The Wife and I had a great time vacationing in Florida for the past 10 days. We did everything we wanted to do, saw everything and everyone we wanted to see and we even had some time to take naps and have some well, you know ;D

The high points of our time was for me to actually meet, face to face some of the people I’ve met over the internet. I met one couple through a photo blog called Tabblo. I started using the site 2 years ago and on my eighth tabblo I came out as a “Jersey girl” and that was when Lifequest22 made her first comment because she's a Jersey girl too. We quickly found out that she and the Wife went to the same high school. Small fckn’ing world.

Lifequest22 has been an avid commenter on my Tabblos and she does some amazing photography and photoshop work. So after being connected by 200 plus of my tabblos and countless of hers and others, we met Lifequest and her wonderful gf and had a few amazing times together. One was the unexpected sweet photo-op where I pulled the car over (after I shouted out making a left!) so Lifequest and I could jump out for a 10-15 minutes shoot while the Wife patiently waited in the car (still running with AC on ultra super high). You just don’t know how it feels to be with a fellow photographer in the excitement of a rare find. I’ll be making a tabblo of that part of our visit.

The other big meet was within our Refocksa blogging community. We took the drive up from the Tampa area to the panhandle of Florida where Becca and Dawn invited the Wife and I into their lives with wide open arms.

I’m going to post more about our time with these rockstars but for now I’ll say they are the two most amazing women, friends and moms that I have ever met. They are the whole enchilada when it comes to love, devotion and family values. If only the anti-gay righteous assholes could see this family in action, some would convert their thoughts on gay marriage.

We loved our time in the sunshine state and will be traveling back there next year. The Wife and I are very optimistic about the idea of making Florida our home at some point in our lives. It’s amazing how the internet connection I made with a few people would help us make that decision and eventually the move so much easier to do now.

Vacation Rating:

Femme – off the scale

Dyke – off the fckn scale

10 comments:

lesbo said...

awww, how awesome!
i'm so glad to hear you had nothing but good times!
can't wait to hear more :)

Windy Days said...

More about how adorable we are! More! More!

Honestly, that was very sweet. Thanks.

So the Jude/Windy/Margo LoveFest continues! Whoo Hoo!

You guys should come for Memorial Day weekend next year. Fun Times!

small town dyke said...

Glad you had a good vacation, and a safe trip home.

Propane Amy said...

You better be ready for me next year!!! LMAO

Glad you had a great time!!

Jen said...

I'm so happy to hear you had a wonderful vacation Jude! I am glad you are back though, I missed you :)

Can't wait to hear more!

CrackerLilo said...

I am so glad that you both had a great time in the great state of Florida!

Florida's contract laws are tough for same-sex couples to negotiate, though, and of course there's no legal same-sex marriage. It's worth researching.

shane rocket said...

more more....
post pics now hooker.
sounds like uber fun!!! more more did i say that already.

i needed you with the "jumping out of the car" sunday... about crawled into a dh all by myself! my find was cool. can't wait to see yours. how bout you show me yours and i'll show you mine... LMAO

Newbo said...

Sounds like you had an amazing time! :)

Dragon said...

awesome, would love to travel down there sometime. Glad to hear you guys had a great time!!

findingclaire said...

awesome!