Thursday, July 9, 2009

I'm Changing Teams

It’s finally going to happen. After all these years of both constant nagging and preaching from my friends and family I have made up my mind to switch teams and play on the other side. I’ve never been on the other team so I thought I’d give it at least a try. Everyone has been telling me how my life will be so much easier, accepting and freer because I won’t have the constant obstacles to overcome. And to be honest with you, the past year has been nothing less than hellish.

When I told the Wife yesterday, she almost cried. Yet she is very understanding, knows where I am coming from and has given me her word of providing unconditional support while I go through the transition.

It hasn’t been an easy decision for me to make and I’m telling all of you this for two reasons. I’ll be gone for a few days and when I come back I’ll be looking for your patience and support too.

Either today or tomorrow I’ll be making the move from my personal pc to an iMac. Since I’m going to get the “one on one” option the pc will be with me when I make the purchase and then left at the store while an Apple Expert moves the files over to my new Mac. I could be without hardware, other than the iTouch, for a couple of days.

Wish me luck!

Have a great weekend! ;)

17 comments:

Laura Lee said...

Welcome... to the Dark Side... We've been waiting for you! bwahaha!!

You sillies! I wasn't fooled for a minute ;o)~

Dar said...

LOL!!!! You had me going there for a bit! You can't imagine the gambit of emotions I was going though. LOL ... I'll be laughing about this one for quite awhile.

... oh, btw, bout time you switched to a mac. (grin)

LOL!!!!

Ang said...

LOL.....You got me seriously. I want to make that change to one day. Let us know how it works out.

Haizey said...

Hee Hee, funny post. I tried to do the same last year but I found I couldn't go all the way though as I used my laptop for work also. So now I have both, it works for me.

Windy Days said...

I wasn't beliving that for second, not because you're such a convincing DYKE or that boys are so YUCKY, but because you'd have to be a DAMN FOOL to mess with what you have in R. Not to mention, she'd kick your ass.

Dawg said...

You're devious .. I love it! LOL

Enjoy your break from the computer :)

Jess said...

ohhh it makes me cringe to think of such...especially being without for a few days...I hope the transition is smooth!!

lesbo said...

well worded!
I made the switch a yr ago and I don't regret one minute of it.
easy as pie. and I love me some pie.

Jen said...

Finally! I LOVE my macs. You'll be so happy you switched. Wooohooo!!!!

small town dyke said...

I am so jealous I want to play on that team but haven't made the final step yet let me know how hard the transiton is!!! oh and I was thinking you were going to pick a new baseball team!

tommy said...

You are on time out, lol. I was worried for a minute...good grief.

Sandy said...

Chuckle chuckle as you really had me going too.Several things came to mind initially but then I thought that there had to be a catch knowing your humor.Good luck.

shane rocket said...

its about damn time... pc's are for welll..._______ (insert negative word here.).

:0) welcome to the cool kids club.

Dragon said...

I knew with all the passion you have for rights, there was no way to take that as literal. Going to mac....hmm have fun with that. I have nothing against mac but still perfer my pc.

CJ said...

You won't be disappointed. I made the move last fall and now I am hooked! (At first I thought you were becoming a Red Sox fan, lol).

CrackerLilo said...

I was rushing to see what you were leading up to, because I didn't suspect that you were really doing....well, what you wanted us to think!

Hope the transition works out well for you!

Camlin said...

That was funny!

I want a mac, too!