Thursday, July 23, 2009

Kissing - Why Not?

Approximately 30 people and 15 newspeople (no Rocket though) showed up in front of the San Diego Mormon Temple on July 22nd to stage a peaceful KISS-IN. This was to protest the arrest of a gay couple who on July 9th kissed on the Main Street Plaza in Salt Lake City. This little piece of property is owned by the organization that put in 20M dollars into the Yes on 8 campaign. The two men were only doing something that straight people are allowed to do yet that Church had them arrested.

Supporting Kiss-Ins are being staged through out the country by The Empowering Spirits Foundation. Stupid things that we have to do.

So you're probably wondering if the Wife and I participated? Only in adding to the number of people. There were way too many cameras, newspeeps and interviews going on. Plus, it needed to be a decent protest. I can't lock onto my Wife's lips without going, you know ;)


Even though a local police and sheriff's car kept on doing drive byes, no one got arrested; probably because of all the media that was there.

Beautiful temple, too bad it's used against us huh.

13 comments:

Windy Days said...

Jeez Louise.

vixen kitten said...

Seriously, you can get arrested for kissing?

How did I miss this?

The stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze me.

~vk~

Propane Amy said...

Someone call 911 cuz I'll be kissing all of you in San diego!! LMAO

lesbo said...

I was so sad to hear about the incident in SLC. utterly ridic.
but glad to hear about the kiss-in.

CrackerLilo said...

I saw at Good-As-You that it's going national in August, and of course we'll be participating. I suck at making signs. I'd like to think I'm way better at kissing.

Seriously, this isn't 19-f***ing-59, you know? It's 2009. If I couldn't hold my L'Ailee's hand in public, I would go *off*. It is such a basic human right to be able to show affection (within reason, of course). I think some here remember how in Iran, it impressed people that Mousawi actually held his wife's hand in public. I really want to think American LGBTs have it better than that!

shane rocket said...

i love you for doing what i want to do. rebel against these very people who hate us. why hate? acceptance is an amazing thing. keep up your amazing work by putting this out there!! and yes i would have been there filming if i lived there!! love ya!

small town dyke said...

i hadn't heard about this thanks for keeping me informed. I want to know why there hasn't been more news on the passing of the mathew shepard bill??? maybe once obama signs it.

Real Live Lesbian said...

One kiss at a time! :)

Arrested? That's just ridiculous.

Camlin said...

Arrested? For kissing in public?

I live such a sheltered life.

Dragon said...

That is sick someone was arrested for kissing in public. And sad things have to go this far to actualy do a protest. For kissing of all things.

Sandy said...

What a sad state of affairs we find ourselves.In one moment we find ourselves making some progress and them bam we are kicked back.We must be pertinacious.

Laura Lee said...

Remember folks, it was Salt Lake City. They are still fighting for female rights to own property, LOL!!

I would LOVE to go there and get arrested for kissing my girlfriend. Except I don't have one.

Dawg said...

Hottie and I had a discussion last night .. what state would we decline job offerings and refuse to move to .. we both said at the same exact time .. Utah.

Bunch of fucktards they are!