Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Unscheduled Stops are the Best

While in Florida I had a chance to meet another on line acquaintance for the first time. L and I met through a photo blog about two years ago. Since the Wife and I were going to be around their Tampa area we all had agreed to meet with L and her GF for a couple of get togethers.

One afternoon we were taking a trip into Ybor city. I was driving with my normal super attentive skills I’ve acquired since I became interested in photography too many years ago when we came across this great find. There was no traffic on the road so a quick shout out to my passengers and a turn was all that was needed to quickly park the car (the Wife is very use to this behavior). In less than ten seconds both L and I were out of the car and our minds began processing how we were going to capture this blast from the past. It only took us maybe 15 minutes to shoot it but during that time neither one said a word, we were in our zones until we were satisfied with what we got. It was when we were walking back to the car when we let out a few exclamations.

It’s fun doing photo shoots with someone you know and has the same interests. We each walked away with photos of the same thing but yet the two sets have our individual signature and styles in the shots. How cool is that? And cooler still, we’re making sure on the next trip to Florida we’ll be scheduling more time to go photo hunting together.




Want to see more? Go here.


9 comments:

small town dyke said...

Jude you rock your very talented! If you ever make it to Ohio we need to shoot together!

Jen said...

Cool find Jude. Love the pics.

tommy said...

I love this pic!!! I find myself kicking myself sometimes for not having my camera on me and missing out on fantastic photo opportunities. I need a camera for the car and one for home...then i'd be set. lol

kimber p said...

love this!! I take my camera everywhere and I'm always yelling at Vic.."Pull over!!! pull over!!" she gets extremely irritated, but sometimes you just HAVE TO get that shot!!! ;)

Real Live Lesbian said...

JUDE! That is such a great photo! I love it!

lesbo said...

awesome shot :)

CrackerLilo said...

Florida really rewards unscheduled stops and patient poking around. Glad you took time out for it!

~seelenschmerz~ said...

nice photogs! and, yeah, i completely get it on the buddy-photography thing...a professional photog friend of mine got me so tuned into photography and we have a great time together...it's like we work off each other's energies.

Linda said...

One of the best photoshoots I've been on. I was so glad you whipped the car around the corner. I think we made a great team. Can't wait till next year. And the wife was so patient.

Sandy and I really enjoyed spending time with you and the wife.