Sunday, August 23, 2009

Honest Scrap Award

[honestscrapaward-1.jpg]


There are three rules for this award:
1. Link back to the person who gave you the award.
2. Forward the award to 10 bloggers.
3. List 10 honest things about yourself.

Damn, I'm one lucky Dyke. I got this award from Windy Days, Dragon and Small Town Dyke and I want to thank you all again for thinking of me. Back at you with the award too cause you gals rock.

Now to send the award off to others.....

Tommy at Empty Thoughts because she has one kick ass hair style and has no fear of telling it like it is. Oh, and she makes me laugh. Go check her out.

Two Cats Scene because I'm going to steal her foto friday and thought I'd at least give her an award.

Lesbo at girls,girls,girls because I'm such a sucker for sassy sexy femmes and she is one tall SSF.

Jen at Dyke Evolution because of her strength and courage of getting through a bad situation and coming out of it all a better person. hugs to my Jersey Girl.

Ang at Grace Needs Freedom for her ability to find kind words to say and write no matter what everyone else is saying.

Solo because her vlogs make me laugh, she calls people "sugar" and she has the most amazing job.

So that's 10 people right? Close enough. Anyway, all of my peeps deserve all of the awards that are out there in blogland. You all are special to me.

Now for more honest shit.

Things about me.

1. I'm not crazy about heights. It took me a full 15 minutes for me to over ride my brain and stand on the glass, see through like there's nothing there section of the floor in Toronto's CN Tower, which is over 1000 feet above the ground. I stood on it and didn't throw up.

2. Collecting antique maps is one of my hobbies. My two most prized maps are one showing California as an island and the other by Ortelius, a famous cartographer of the 1500's. Been looking for a US map showing the state of Franklin for a long, long time.

3. I love to cook and I hate making salads.

4. Spaghetti with the Wife's gravy is my favorite meal. Someday I'm going to manufacture&market it, Gravy La-femme, and get rich...HA!

5. Turning 30 was traumatizing to me, so that's when I decided to get my first tattoo. My Mother never knew about it.

6. I owned a motorcycle back in the 70's when it was unusual to see a girl riding a bike. My Mother never knew I rode. (seeing a pattern here?)

7. Of all the physical activities that I've been involved in, my only broken bone occurred when I played frisbee at a company picnic. Left ankle, casted up to knee but it still didn't stop me from shifting thru the gears of my Karmann Ghia.

8. I had an operation when I was a kid to remove a cyst in my ankle. The first time the Dr. checked on the stitches was when I noticed he had operated in the wrong area of my foot/ankle. Dumb-Ass.

9. I hated high school but I loved college so much I've earned 4 different degrees and I would go back to school full time tomorrow if I could.

10. Having a high tolerance for pain I've gotten crowns and root canals done with out Novocain. Dumb-Ass right?

That's it...done deal. Now I can go back to blowing smoke up your skirts. :)



10 comments:

Propane Amy said...

Can you just blow smoke up my pants leg?? LMAO

greg said...

#10 actually made me cringe. hard. Damn, you're tough. hm, I like that. :)

Windy Days said...

Is Greg flirting with you?

I cannot wait for the spaghetti! Only 38 days left!

lesbo said...

well aren't you just sweet as pie!
thank you for the award. and the sweet words. haha. oh Jude. you crack me up.

vixen kitten said...

I seriously hurt when I read #10!

Great meme!

xoxo
~vk~

Ang said...

Thank you for the award. I want to do this but I can't figure out how to link everyone.

tommy said...

Thanks Jude...you're the best. I came into work today--typical hell...but this...this made it a better day...

I'd like to thank...okay just kidding, but thanks dude, for real. You rock.

Dragon said...

I hear ya on school. If I didn't have to worry about a sitter and have the money, I would go back in a heart beat.

Jen said...

Thanks for the award Jude! I love these little get-to-know-you facts! What do you do with your antique maps? Do you hang them up? Is that a stupid question? And re # 10 - you nut.

Camlin said...

No Novocaine? Seriously? All I can say is...ouch!