Sunday, August 16, 2009

We Puckered Up!


We gathered across the US and Canada on Saturday, Aug 15th and at 2:00pm EDT we kissed and guess what? The heavens didn't fall down on us. Children didn't poof into gays or dykes. Straight people who want to be married are still married. Straight people who don't want to be married....that's an entirely different blog site(s).

We had around 40 people at the gathering in San Diego. It was an hour long event and many couples took to the podium to talk about DOMA, Prop 8ate, Don't Ask Don't Tell and the impact these laws of discrimination has on their lives.


These two guys were adorable and the winners of who's been together the longest from this group too. 31 years and look, the one still tryin to get in the other's pants.


To remind everyone why we needed to stage this kissing protest.....The event comes after gay couples in Salt Lake City, San Antonio and El Paso, Texas, were arrested, cited for trespassing or harassed by police for publicly kissing. Yes, out in the open where others could see. In Utah, the July 9 trespassing incident occurred after a couple were observed by security guards on a downtown park-like plaza owned by the big church that put millions into the Yes on 8ate campaign California.

So I say to some "kiss on!" and to the other's I say "kiss off".

(go here to see more photos)

8 comments:

CrackerLilo said...

So glad you could go! I had to work. (First interior decorating job in months, and I collected my pay late that afternoon, and the check's so good L'Ailee and I want to sit around admiring it a little longer before we deposit it.)

I love the guys with the "31 years" signs! Love that their relationship is obviously still pretty hot, too!

shane rocket said...

hell ya woman!!! until the day...

:)

kimber p said...

Really wish I could have been there..I think they did one in Columbus too. Love the pics :)

Dragon said...

Right on!!

Aaawwww, 31 years for those guys, that is awesome!!!!

lesbo said...

what a great shot of the boys!
I'm srsly sad no one showed up to portland's except for my friends and I. how does that happen?! grrr.

off to see more pics! :)

small town dyke said...

great post! great shots

Jen said...

Looks awesome! And those two guys are too cute. Yay Jude!

CJ said...

That is awesome. Wish I could have made the event in Boston.