Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Collecting Smiles

From left to right:
*Polaroid One Step - my fun camera, manufactured in early 1990's
*Kodak Medalist II - Medium format Rangefinder, used in WWII, produced 1944-53
*B&J Press Camera, film packs and case - Large format, 4X5, manual said it's for the modern press photographer, 1940's.
*Konica - 35mm early SLR of the 1960's
*Rolleicord, medium format, this one was made between 1950-1953

This is part of my collection of cameras.

I also collect antique maps and where some people have a pile of shoes, I have the same in sneakers.

11 comments:

Real Live Lesbian said...

Very cool! My uncle has tons of maps and they're so interesting to leaf through!

lesbo said...

jude! those are so awesome! where have you gotten them from?
and HOW can you collect sneakers yet not have any chucks?! ;)

Ang said...

Awesome collection

2momswithaplan said...

Great collection! I'll have to post a pic of mine.

C said...

hey jude! left ya some love over at my blog... come and get it..

c

CJ said...

Now THAT is a collection! I feel whimpy with my Kodak EasyShare!

small town dyke said...

I'm soooo jealous!!! great hardware do they all still work??

Camlin said...

awesome - cameras remind me of my brother, who collects them as well. In his collection - a camera that my great-grandfather made in the 1920's.

shane rocket said...

cool cameras! always a fun thing to collect!

CJ said...

Love the b&w photo of the cameras. What a fun colleciton!

meyerprints said...

http://ptolemymaps-meyerprints.blogspot.com/