Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Meatless Tuesdays 2

I'm sure there's a zillion vegetarian Chili recipes out there, here's one I found and tried this past Sunday that's worth repeating.
Cincinnati Chili:

Chopped onion
2 garlic cloves, minced
3T chili powder
1t ground cinnamon
1t paprika
1t ground allspice
28oz crushed tomatoes
2T light brown sugar
1 12oz package frozen vegetarian burger crumbles
2 cans of your choice of beans
water

Throw everything into a crock pot and cook. Easy and it was delicious.


Cheers Queers!

11 comments:

lesbo said...

can you elaborate on the non-meat, non-soy crumbles? LOL it was too entertaining to not share :)

Dawg said...

Veggie burger crumbles?

Fuck that. I want ground turkey in mine.

Jude said...

Lesbo, that'll be another post for sure.

Dawg, I use to put beef chunks in the chili. That was the best.

Real Live Lesbian said...

Mmmm....I'm coming over!

Windy Days said...

Dawn hates beans. She hates weird stuff. I like her anyway.

Kel said...

take it from a reformed Cincinnatian --- try serving it over spaghetti, with shredded cheddar cheese on top..

YUM!!!

Jude said...

Kel, yes! that's what the recipe called for, on spaghetti. I've never had chili and spaghetti together so I ended up putting it on rice. I was wondering what the Cincinnati part was in the recipe.

small town dyke said...

yummy !!!

lol my verification word is cater does that mean you have to bring dinner???

Kel said...

Not to be redundant -- But there is even a seasoning packet that makes it easier than measuring all that stuff out!! lol

http://youmustbejokingright.blogspot.com/2009/08/kimber-rocks.html

tommy said...

That sounds pretty awesome...I think it would be good with some cornbread (the kind with a smidgen of sugar mixed into it)...

kimber p said...

I supply Kel with her crack (the Cincy chili packets)..that's why she love me like she do-do-do...

Jude, if you're interested, I'd be more than happy to send you a couple packets--they're really the shizzle and serving it on top of spaghetti is a MUST DO!!