Monday, September 14, 2009

Wknd Straight Encounters

Some people are just too straight for me.

Saturday: coming out of the movie theaters the Wife and I walked across the parking lot and we crossed paths with breeders, i mean a family. hubby, wifey and three brothers. the one brother is being talked to by the other two bros telling him that he's gay. little bro is saying he's not gay. the other two chimed in and said yes, he's gay. and the two parents didn't say a fucking word. being the 3rd male born, chances are leaning towards him being gay. i felt sorry for the little turd.


Sunday: going into the grocery store we see a table set up with little garbage container type cans filled with mutli flavored popcorn. a young boy stood in front of the table and asked if we would like to buy some popcorn. i looked at his uniform which was decorated with a shit load of badges until i come across the crescent badge that stated he's a member of the "boy scouts". my eyes went directly to the kids father and i gave him a you're my enemy look. luckily, the Wife chimed in and told the kid who had no idea that he's being brainwashed into earning the discrimination badge "no thank you".

straight people are everywhere aren't they.

18 comments:

two cat scene said...

ev-er-y-where. I'm ready to start a commune. Wanna move to Canada, Jude? We've got plenty of wide open spaces in my province.

tommy said...

Comin' out of the damn wood work...

aj said...

eeeeeeeeek.... Ya know, I encounter these people every day, but thanks for taking the time to point out the strangeness of it all. Especially the parents doing nothing about the teasing. SO effing WRONG.

Windy Days said...

When my ex first landed in Korea, he called home and said, "You wouldn't believe how many Koreans there are here."

Windy Days said...

Another thing - try hanging out at a pre-school all day. You would melt.

CJ said...

Just don't tease or feed them and you should be safe. Hopefullyl

small town dyke said...

I know what you mean, I work in a big box store and the breeders are everywhere! I love it when they ask if one of the kids look like my husband... I just smile and say no my wife. the confused look is priceless.

vixen kitten said...

Just sitting here giggling my ass off....

Gaaaa this post was great!

xoxo
~vk~

Jen said...

This is why I won't go to my Son's Open House!

SquirtyB said...

Yes they are everywhere. I live with two of them. My roomate is afraid if she doesn't wear big earrings she will look like a dyke because her hair is short.

She still doesn't understand how that could be offensive to to me.....fucking dumbass...

C said...

hey jude....
[god i LERVE that your name is jude so i can sing-song hey jude in my head everytime i comment] [yeah, i know... i AM a lil touched]

i laughed my ass off this was so cute, funny, and so true!

breeders... BWAHAHAHAHAH
i used to be one!

c

ps

my word verif. is "cobkind"

as in ... wait for it..... what does his penis look like? COBKIND!

bwahahahahaha

CrackerLilo said...

I hate that the parents didn't even attempt to put a stop to the teasing. Awful on multiple levels.

I don't encounter Boy Scouts with popcorn much in NYC, but in Orlando, I'd say, "No thank you" to the boy and tell his troop leader, "You wouldn't want my money anyway." I almost always wear a pentacle necklace, which tends to help explain that.

Camlin said...

I support Scouts Canada for two reasons - they are co-ed, and they have a clear non-discrimination policy that covers all bases. They don't even call them "boy scouts" anymore.


Seriously, life is really good up here. When it's not 20 below.

lesbo said...

oh dear. what is WRONG with people!
I hate when kids say "that's so gay" and parents don't interviene. come on, folks. not appropriate.
I'm all for the canadian commune. when do we leave?

Jen said...

They ARE everywhere. And so many people don't know how to parent. So annoying.

Real Live Lesbian said...

WHERE in Canada are we going? ;)

Dragon said...

I am so against the boys scouts too. I have to feel sorry for the kids.

Dawg said...

Yes, Jude, Join us Gays up north in Canada.

We are working towards kicking all the straight people out.

:)