Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A Change

To The Wife,
While I was in the shower this morning a thought crossed my mind. We don't spend enough time holding hands.

Whenever we are in a gay friendly area our hands find the others without any problems. Proof that they know the way.

On our separate recliners at night when one hangs in the empty middle space it's quickly joined by the other.

It's when we're out and about, that's when our hands freeze up and pretend they don't know the other. We'll intentionally bump shoulders to make a connection or I'll place a hand on your back and pretend to move you along the way.

We don't hold hands.

Starting today that's going to change. When we're out anywhere, walking side by side, I'm going to find your hand and hold it. I'm going to hold your hand as lovers do and I'll never let go. Yes, starting today we'll be holding hands more. Let's go to the mall and practice.

All My Love,
Jude

19 comments:

lesbo said...

aww jude!
I love this. and love hand holding.
what a great promise to make to R.

Laura Lee said...

Yay! Damn if I can remember who recently posted "Closets Suck" - we need to get past the closet, and out of the house altogether!

you are a pioneer, Jude (and R too)

jelly said...

Sweet.
I need to hold hands with my wife more, I'm so glad I read this and you brought hand holding to my attention.

Have a good day.

learner said...

awwwww. warmed my heart!

FemmeFairyGodmother said...

Aww, Jude. One of these days, I am going to meet someone wonderful and I won't be able to keep my hands to myself! ;) Uhhh .... I meant *handholding* of course.

@LauraLee - it was G @ canIhelpyousir.com who wrote Closets Suck (or an approximation thereof.)

C said...

hey jude, very sweet sistah... thanks for the remind.

i will follow suit..

c

Margo said...

Do It.
It's fun.
We need to hold hands and can't stop it.Smiles and frowns follow us.
Interesting that everyone notices us holding hands but pay no attention to the breeders in front of us.
Weird. Or not.

Ang said...

Jude this is awesome. Your really sweet it gives me hope to read post about you and R. I know there is some one out there that I can share my love with.

small town dyke said...

this is a great post, thanks for the reminder!

Camlin said...

So sweet and wonderful!

vixen kitten said...

Beautiful post, Sugar!

I hope the first practice at the mall went great. :)

xoxo
~vk~

CrackerLilo said...

Fantastic. Good for you both. I hope it went well for you and R. at the mall. I hope it keeps going well.

My wife and I hold hands all the time. Usually it's just fine and hardly anyone notices us one way or the other, though sometimes we get responses. And we can use the negative ones as a teachable moment, or just use our free hands to flick them off and be on our way.

By the way, two friends of ours are a lesbian couple in their 70s, and we became friends because the four of us noticed each other holding hands with our beloveds in a coffee shop and smiled at each other.

Nulaanne said...

Practicing is great fun. Enjoy.

Dar said...

(Smiling)

aneke said...

You make the world a better place Jude :)

jilliebean said...

Awwww... now I wanna go hold my wife's hands... we don't do enough of it even in the privacy of our own home!

Real Live Lesbian said...

You are so sweet!!!

Dragon said...

That is so freaking sweet!!

BELLA said...

I love this post, so touching.