Saturday, October 31, 2009

Don't Lick This!

Do you this this is a true story or an urban myth....

A woman was working in a post office in California. One day she licked the envelopes and postage stamps instead of using a sponge. That very day the lady found a cut on her tongue. A week later, she noticed an abnormal swelling of her tongue. She went to the hospital and a got an x-ray of her tongue. The Dr. noticed a lump and prepared her for minor surgery.

When the Dr. cut her tongue open, a live cockroach crawled out! There were cockroach eggs on the seal of the envelope. The egg was able to hatch inside of her tongue because of her warm and moist saliva.

Cockroaches love eating the glue on the envelopes and stamps.

So what do you think? truth or myth?

Happy Halloween!


(Thanks SS)

13 comments:

Mel's Way or No Way said...

EWWWWWW! Spiders and snakes-no problem but roaches scare the shit outta me!!!

I'm going with myth on this one.

Propane Amy said...

I've heard this before. It grosses me out every fucking time. I'm gonna say it's a myth because if I let myself think it's real, I'll never lick anything again. And i do mean ANYTHING.....LMAO

Laura Lee said...

I'll go with the myth too, haha, but I still LOVE hearing those stories this time of year! wheee!

shane rocket said...

totally AWESOME, truth i say.

although like Mel roaches gross me out as well.

C said...

cits better than worms! who knows if its true or false these days, anything can happen... but i heard that one when i was very young so she's been around al looooog frikkin time, she has...
;)

hey jude, ya'll have a happy halloweeenie!

c

Ang said...

YUCK. I am hoping it is a myth.

vixen kitten said...

Happy Halloween, Sugar!

xoxo
~vk~

Camlin said...

snopes.com says it's a myth.

jelly said...

I'm going with myth...but I like those kinds of stories, they are gross and fun!

LilliGirl said...

EEEEEWWWW! NASTY!

You know it's not true but you made my stomach turn. Yeah. Congrats.

lesbo said...

i just threw up a little. sick.
total myth.
grrroooossss!

Dragon said...

OK, that is just gross!!! I say myth.

tommy said...

I say gross... either way. I was walking through the warehouse earlier and saw a mouse that had been run over by a piece of equipment... totally unrelated to your post but equally disturbing in my mind.