Thursday, October 22, 2009

Not Planning a Trip

Wednesday morning I told the Wife, we're going on a trip this weekend. We'll leave Friday afternoon, come back on Sunday. We'll put the little crazy dog Ziggy into the Dogie Motel, make sure my Dad has enough food and then hit the road. Just a shortie vay-k but it's going to be filled with together time. She surprisingly agreed without me having to go through any justifications. Wow, this was an easy sell!

Wednesday afternoon when the Wife came home from work I proposed a very Femme like getaway to Catalonia Island. This would include a hour drive to the boat launch, 90 minutes on the water, we land on the island, go to a very nice luxurious hotel and then go shopping, beaching and do the whatevers for two days. When I told her I didn't see the expected reaction. Instead, I got a very disinterested "ok, that sounds good". WFT? So I dug a little deeper and she finally told me she'd rather not be on any time schedule (catching the boat part - I'm shaking my head at this point) that she would rather have the weekend be more spontaneous. Well now, that's my girl!

Spontaneous is more my style. Now we'll be hopping in the car Friday afternoon and hitting the road with a general idea of direction and no idea of a destination. She will accept the when, where and what without any qualms and most importantly we'll have a ton of together alone and hand-holding time.

So see?!? I tried for a la-femme works mini-vacation. She has happily agreed for a total "butch way" get away. Road tripping here we come. And since we don't have a destination, we won't get into any arguments about of why she's not following the map, why I missed a turn nor hear the famous are we there yet question. We can get lost all we want, these are perfect unplanned plans.

Now let me go hide, I mean pack the tent and sleeping bags in the car.....hehehehehe...you know, just in case. ;)

12 comments:

Dragon said...

Awesome! Those are my favorite kinds of trips, just go and see where the car takes us. Makes it even better now that i have a GPS. I can get completely lost and it doesn't matter. Love it! Have fun!!!

Propane Amy said...

So is that the truck you rented for the weekend? I mean, it's great and all but it looks like it might need a little work to just be legal....LMAO

Have a wonderful weekend Jude!! And your phone off....

lesbo said...

I LOVE the spontaneous wknd roadtrip idea! so fun and with no sched--even better!
I hope you two have the best wknd ever. filled with hand holding, snuggles, and lots of other stuff... ;)

Ang said...

Awesome I hope you all have a great time you full of lots of hand holding and love ;)

shane rocket said...

dumbass i am sure you will still get lost. and i agree with ames, is that the truck? take lots of photos! hugs.

small town dyke said...

I'm with rocket lots of pics!!! have a safe trip.

CJ said...

That sounds awesome. No pressure, take your time, have an adventure, and just enjoy yourselves! I hope you have an awesome time. And I too am looking forward to pictures!

Jen said...

I love this idea Jude - sounds like so much fun!!!! I know you both are going to have a wonderful weekend. Live it up baby!!!

Mel's Way or No Way said...

Sounds like a fun trip.

It was nice of you to plan the femme-friendly trip though.

Can't wait to hear where you end up.

LilliGirl said...

You are a smart girl...My advice? Take the watches off too. I never wear one unless I need to be on time and it does make life better.

Camlin said...

Get out the map, get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down....

tommy said...

EXCITING....I hope you have a wonderfully spontaneous weekend...and be sure to "GET YOUR FREAK ON..." lol

New location for my blog you asked for is:

tommytalesitall.blogspot.com