Sunday, October 25, 2009

The Perfect Weekend

The Wife and I ended up traveling to the mountains and stopping in the quaint town of Julian. We found a B&B/Lodge and stayed our two nights here...



The hallway to our room reminded me of a smaller version of "redrum".



Had a marvelous dinner at the Julian Grill. Bottle of wine, great food, the best company and the night ended with some loud notes. ;)



Morning breakfast at the lodge.



We drove to the Anza Boorego Desert in search of some unusual art work.



Once we were in Borrego Springs, it didn't take us long to find the sculptures.


Steel sculptors scattered through out the desert. Most of them weighing over 800 lbs.


The artist is Ricardo Breceda.





"I will save you!"





I turned around just as the giagantor was about to grasp the toy car.


After I saved the Wife's life not once but twice, we returned to Julian to walk around the town. And yes, we did a lot of hand holding. We also made the promise to each other
to go on a get away weekend every three months.
I said two, she said three months. We'll see how it plays out.

All I know is it's great to be alone with the one that I love so much.

19 comments:

tommy said...

Awesome Jude--

I'm glad the weekend went well for you... those sculptures are GREAT!!! I need to whisk Jen off for a weekend soon...preferably before Gma puts me over the edge :)

Windy Days said...

Fun, fun, fun! R is hilarious!

Thinking of you guys - Give R a squeeze for me and tell her to send Dawn hair-cutting vibes:) It's time.

Real Live Lesbian said...

That looks like a blast! I'd go for two. Overrule her! LMAO!

vixen kitten said...

Y'all are just too dang cute together!

The sculptures are amazing. I'd love to see those some time. There is a training seminar I am looking into in Borrego Springs. I may have to check them out.

Thanks for sharing your great pics. The hand holding idea looks like a good thang, Sugar!

xoxo
~vk~

small town dyke said...

love the pics!!! glad you guys had a good weekend!

LilliGirl said...

i'm so glad you had a great weekend. Sweet love is the best, isn't it.

lesbo said...

great shots!
R is so damn cute. and she got some crocs!
so glad you two had a nice getaway.

love you both mucho!

FemmeFairyGodmother said...

Great pictures! It looks like you had a wonderful time. :)

shane rocket said...

hi-fucking-larious!!!

you two needed that.

Mel's Way or No Way said...

Looks like a lovely trip. The B&B was great too but I think I would have freaked out in the "redrum" hallway and spent all night waiting for those creepy little girls to show up.

You and the wife must have kept the noise to a dull roar if they let you stay a second night.;)

Those sculptures where really cool too. If we make it out that way, we will have to check it out.

C said...

sounds like a lovely getaway! yeah i can see the "redrum" too in that hallway. creepy!

you guys are so cute.

c

CJ said...

Nothing is more valuable than time alone...together. Great photos!

Laura Lee said...

ooooh, that hallway WAS too creepy, it looks so much like the Shining one.

love the sculptures!

and the hand holding!!

greg said...

I'm such a fan of romance. What a lovely weekend, good for you two. :)

Ang said...

OK I am a bit behind. Awesome photos. They made me smile and I need that.

Dawg said...

Fabulous!!

Jen said...

Jude, looks like a great time! Love the pictures. R cracks me up. I love the idea of weekend getaways. Everyone needs that once in a while. xo

Dragon said...

That looks great!! Loving the view!!

Sandy said...

What a great getaway you two had.Loved your tabblo on the sculptures.I thought I heard loud noices coming from your way.LOL.Evert two or three months sounds perfect for a romantic getaway.I think that should be part of the marriage contract.