Monday, November 30, 2009

Looking Good!

My Doc came into my hospital room on Thursday around noon, 22 hours after my surgery. He told me that the cancer was a small tumor and it was contained within the walls of my uterus. He didn't believe it had gotten much of a residence in me but we still need to wait for the pathology reports to come back with the final results. Then he said I could go home and reminded me to take it easy.

I beat this fucker, I know I did but I will wait until the official results are in to really celebrate.

For now, I'm resting and staying drugged because it hurts like hell when don't stay on time with my meds. It's a good thing I have a app for that. ;)

I want to thank everyone here in Blog land for all of your valuable support you provided the Wife and I. I haven't been able to sit at my desk for long but I am reading your comments and blogs on my itouch.

Your blogs, comments, emails, text messages, fb, love, good vibs and tremendous positive energy have all found their way to me. The morning of my surgery I half woke to what I though was the Wife's hands holding mine. I knew it was impossible for her to be doing that because of the position of my hands. I woke up a little more and felt the softness, warmth and strength of the two hands and knew it was the collective energy of my family and friends. I went back to sleep knowing right then things were going to be ok.

Your concern and best wishes overwhelmed the two of us and definitely helped us through this rough time. From the very bottom of our hearts comes the deepest thanks and gratitude. You people have rocked my world.

30 comments:

FemmeFairyGodmother said...

Such great news! And isn't it nice to know you are loved?

learner said...

:)

Ang said...

Jude...(((hugs))) you rock our world too.

shane rocket said...

SAP.

reeflightning said...

sounding good jude :-)
yay for pain killing drugs!

2momswithaplan said...

Yay for pain meds! I'm so happy for the great news!

Jude said...

Rocket....shithead

CJ said...

Woo hoo!!! You go girl! Glad that is behind you!

lesbo said...

love is all you need...
so glad you're doing well. not that i doubted it for one second.

tommy said...

Unofficial or not...you SO beat it... glad to hear the procedure is behind you :) I'm super excited for you :)

Jen said...

This makes me cry. So glad for the initial news.

Ahhh Jude :)

Dragon said...

YAY! that is great Jude! Yes much love to you sweety! *Big hugs*

LilliGirl said...

Now I get to say I TOLD YOU SO! :)-

I'm so glad to hear the news...Enjoy the drugs, take advantage of the rest and know we all standing and cheering for you!

vixen kitten said...

I'm doing my little happy dance here! What great news!

Wooohooo for pain meds! If you run out I'll send you one of my famous herbal brownies. *wink*

Sugar, seriously, I am so thrilled for you. ♥

xoxo
~vk~ & the bossy blonde I share my home with

Margo said...

Rocket stole my line.

I love you Jude. I love R too.

Thanks for not letting cancer kick your ass. We need you. We all need you.

B said...

You rock, Jude!

Nulaanne said...

Way to go Jude.

C said...

hey jude, greatest news ever!
we need you here cuz your'e so dear and cuz your'e queer and have no fear your'e switching gear and stayin near drinkin a beer with R pattin your rear.

puffin from bein looong winded again!


hugs,

c

Dar said...

Alright, I'll try not to celebrate just yet, but I have this big shit assed happy grin on my face with tears running down my cheeks, and an overwhelming urge to kiss your doctor, your surgeon, God and you! Looking Good, is right! :) Enjoy your pain meds,(glad you have an app for that, (Grin)) and the cartoons. Go Buzz Light Year!!!! :) :)

Camlin said...

Whew! I am so happy for you!

small town dyke said...

this post made the hair on my neck stand up. So glad your doing well.!!!!

Propane Amy said...

You've been on my mind since that very first email. You may not have known that from my lack of emails, but you have been.

I love you Jude. We all love you. We need you just as much as you need us.

You beat this. R beat this. We beat this with the two of you. Ain't nothin' gonna keep Big Papa down.

Mel's Way or No Way said...

That's incredible news Jude. Just keep getting better and get all the attention from your wife as long as possible. ;)

aneke said...

*doing my happy dance*

Now you can concentrate on recovering and putting it behind you, where it belongs :)

blueyesncali said...

coming out of lurking to say YIPEE!!! that is fantastic news and I am sooo happy for you and your wife. I too know in my bones that you have beaten this. (((hugs)))

greg said...

YEAH!!!! Woo Hoo!! We're all pulling for you.

SquirtyB said...

That is great news! Now rest up and get better so you can enjoy the holiday season!

Mrs. Loudshoes said...

Wonderful news! Isn't modern medicine fabulous?

canihelpyousir.com said...

Great news. Glad you're through the tough part and into the recovery (helllo, painkillers!).

jelly said...

what potential great news!!
i've got it all crossed that everything is perfect for your test results :-)

yay!!!