Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Make My Day

Me, walking out of the bedroom, freshly showered and dressed in my normal t-shirt, cargo shorts and sneakers. I go for a cup of coffee and the Wife looks up from the paper.

Wife: What do you have on? Is that a new t-shirt? (she normally asks me multiple questions like this and I normally answer only one)

Me: No.

Wife: It looks good. I like that color on you, it brings out your blue eyes.

Me: Thank you. And I go over and give her a kiss, a smile and go back to pouring my coffee.

Wife: No really, you need to get more shirts that color. You look good.

Me: Walk back over to her, give her another kiss and said..... You just made my day.

Wife: Well that was easy.


Yeah, so what, I'm easy.

17 comments:

C.I.W. said...

AWWWWW!!!!!!!!!! adorable!

Windy Days said...

CIW stole what I was going to say.

learner said...

you two are so cute.

CrackerLilo said...

Very sweet. It's amazing how little things can be made so wonderful when they come from your beloved.

vixen kitten said...

Y'all are just perfect for each other!

Well, that and the fact that she puts up with you!

I love these kind of posts.

xoxo
~vk~


PS I know you know I'm kidding about the puts up with you stuff, right, Sugar. :)

Ang said...

I love it.....love is a beautiful thing. You and R have a lot of it. :)

small town dyke said...

but it's fun to be easy when your in love!

Mel's Way or No Way said...

That's so sweet but I imagine Jude is pretty easy even without the compliments ;)

lesbo said...

aww, love me some R!
you better put out tonight. just sayin'.

Margo said...

good start to the day - i could take some tips from R.

LilliGirl said...

R is one smart lady...guess that means you are too. ;)

greg said...

New Rule: All days must begin with a sincere compliment.

CJ said...

Easy is good. Trust me. I've had hard and hard is not good, it's bad. VERY bad. Enjoy easy!

aj said...

AW---that would make my day too! Ha...all us easy girls...

tommy said...

It's the lil things...that's good stuff. Take her advice, buy more shirts whatever color it was :) They always know best haha

Dragon said...

It is the little things like that that make it all worth it. :-)

Sandy said...

This is very touching and an excellent way to start the new day.That wife certainly is clever and knows how to get what she wants.Of course you being easy,you would give it to her anyway.You two know one of the secrets to having a wonderful marriage and relationship.Keep rocking on.