Monday, November 9, 2009

Weekend Idiots

I had a couple of opportunities this weekend of being a mouthy butch. I normally have a ton of patience but when someone pushes my buttons when I'm wearing a don't fck with me attitude, I have no problems saying what's on my mind.

Friday night and we're out with our friends at an Italian Mom/Pop type restaurant. We've all been there before several times, the last was with the Wife and that was when we had our first bad waitressing experience. Back to Friday night, we got the same fcking waitress. After we had gotten our rounds of drinks the Wife asked for a glass of water and at the same time we asked for more bread sticks. Fifteen minutes later the shithead waitress walks pass our table and I asked again for the Wife's water. She then proceeded to tell me I have to wait my turn that she was going to another table to get their order because they were waiting. Well Fuck Me and the horse that I road in on, her tip just dropped from, cha-ching!, 20 to 15%. She got the table's order then stopped at our's and announced to us she had other tables to wait on and......I thought fck this shit, and I told her Listen, we go out to dinner a lot and we DON'T need to hear about how busy you are...she ran away and quickly brought back a glass of water for the Wife to which I simply said, "humph, no lemon" she ran away again. Cha-ching....10%. Three minutes later she snottily placed a picture of water on the table containing one little slice of lemon. As she walked away, I said where I would like to put that pitcher. Ten minutes later she and her helper were delivering our food as she was putting the pizza in front of me and I said, you forgot our salads AGAIN (she had done the same in our last visit there). Cha-ching.....5%. She had a moment of looking very flustered and then she blamed her "new" helper to which I reminded her that she was the waitress and was the one responsible for taking care of this table and then the rest of the table told the new helper it wasn't her fault. We got our salads with the meal which to me isn't a big thing other than if I wanted to eat everything at the same time, I would have made the meal myself at home. The food, the beers and the company was great.
Check time and she fucked that up by not including a discount. When we finally walked out of the place the tip was down to the token buck on the table as in a fuck you buck! We never got the breadsticks.


Come Saturday morning the Wife and I were shopping at Homo Depot and at some point I had to take a trip into the Ladies Room. My attire was the usual cargo shorts, t-shirt, sneakers (since it's fall time here, no more flip flops) and a Bar Harbor, Maine ball cap. One lady was just finishing up and leaving as I walked in and went into one of the stalls. When I was washing my hands my back was to the door, I heard the door open and a woman walked in then said 'oopppps!!"and she hesitantly walked in. I thought, oh fuck as I continued washing my hands, then I started laughing to myself but loud enough for her to hear it as she was walking to the stall. Then I said, "Yes, this is the Ladies Room!" As I was opening the door to leave, she was still standing in front of the stall staring at me at which point I said "Ladies Room, right?" and walked out. I mean give me a fckn break, it's Homo Depot!

Don't mess with me when I have zippo patience for idiots.

Sunday, we stayed home.

15 comments:

learner said...

your second story happened to my gf this weekend. she was walking out of a stall when an older woman walked into the bathroom and screeched "oh! im so sorry!". L started laughing and tried to tell her that she was in the correct restroom, but the woman wouldnt have it. oooo silly people.

CJ said...

If I wanted that shitty of service, I'd stay home and cook it myself! I hate when waitresses screw up and don't make it right by at least apologizing and being NICE...and to do it twice....she's lucky she got a buck!

CJ said...

Ash gets that a LOT, which I don't get. But whatever. I love when people argue with her over whether she's a chick or not, even after hearing her voice.

People are dumb.

Dragon said...

Wow, that sucks. I hate when you get shitty service! I get that a lot too with the am I a guy or not. Many times people have hesitated at the door of the ladys room. Fuck em. LOL I see it more comical then anything.

learner said...

i think male and female restrooms are sort of dumb anyway. if i gotta pee and the womens has a long line, you bet im headed to the mens. besides that, it just makes things too black and white. what if im gray? then what?

B said...

Good for you! I had to tell a woman off Friday, too, at the courthouse. She kept arguing with me over my boss's title and registration. Hope you have a better week!

small town dyke said...

I hate shitty service, it can so ruin the night.

C.I.W. said...

I would have walked out or demanded a manager.

We had HORRIBLE service at a place down the way- I mean HORRIBLE. We mentioned something to the manager on our way out, after paying-- not looking for something. He gave use these special free ticket things-- we went back a few weeks later... same waitress...

ugh.

canihelpyousir.com said...

I'm so happy to see that there's someone else who doesn't just automatically tip at 20 percent no matter how bad the service is. I have that argument with my friends all the time; if the service is horrible, the tip should be horrible, too.

I get the double takes in bathrooms and other places, too. I just smile and wink, which either delights or horrifies the person in question, I don't care.

lesbo said...

jude, nice job on the tip. i only tip really well if my service and the server are top notch. and i do the same thing when something happens, deduct deduct deduct. some people should just not work in customer service.

i'm pretty sure you should have flashed the home depot lady. just so she knew for sure she was messing with one tough BUTCH.

jelly said...

I was a server for years and there is no excuse for crappy service.
An apology on her part would have been nice and a discount for any screw ups.
We all have bad nights, you know, where you 'off' or something, but your there to perfom customer service and you have to do your best at all times.
At least the food was good, eh?

Ugh, the bathroom thing. Some people are just dumdum heads.
Hope you have a better week ahead.

Camlin said...

Sometimes servers think they are entitled to the tip, regardless of the quality of service. Hopefully you gave her a wake-up call - I don't think I'd be going back there.

Sandy said...

What a shity weekend.I would have definitely insisted on speaking with the manager.Most places here would have offered a discount or something.
You must have given that woman more gray hairs in the restroom and thats before you spoke to her and definitely after you spoke to her.Wonder if she really believed if she was in the right restroom.

Jude said...

We love the food at this restaurant so 1. we didn't want to walk out and 2. we will go back (it's the closest thing to Jersey pizza pie that we can get here). We will make sure we won't get that waitress again. I'm sure the feelings would be mutual anyway.

I looked for the manager to complain. He wasn't there.

And Sir, I love the smile and a wink approach! I'm going to have to use that next time. ;)

tommy said...

Ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous.