Saturday, December 26, 2009

Beer Pancakes....Really

You have to try these out sometime. I got this recipe during one of my few college days when I was going for a recreation degree. The course, Backpacking, offered not only some fabulous trips, wilderness safety, how to pack your backpack but also some great cooking tips and recipes. Who doesn't like pancakes on a cool misty morning around a campfire? But you can still enjoy these in the comforts of your home, just like the Wife and I did this morning.


Jude's Beer Pancakes

2 cups pancake mix
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup domestic beer (no wasting this so drink the rest while cooking)

stir it all together till blended and cook

Additions: blueberry's, walnuts, strawberry's, cranberries and either add to batter or sprinkle on while cooking.

8 comments:

lesbo said...

mmm, want-want-want.

Sandy said...

Leave it to you to come up with this.I must admit that it does sound good.Burp.

vixen kitten said...

Forget the cool misty morning around a campfire.

I need these each morning before work!

Hope Santa was extra special good to you.

xoxo
~vk~

Ang said...

Sounds yummy...I may have to try it one day...I hope you and R are having a great holiday...love and hugs.

C said...

mmmmmmmmm will be making those soon! hey jude, how are you doing? did you n R have a great christmas? i hope so, hon, you deserve it!!!!!

hugs


c

small town dyke said...

They were a great hit for me on xmas morning!!! I didn't tell the father in law about the beer and he loved them. Thanks again.

Margo said...

My Dad used to make these. We, of course didn't know about the beer until we were much older.
I'm of the thinking that beer makes almost anything taste better.

Did R dress up in a Santa Hat for you?

Real Live Lesbian said...

I'm coming to your house!