Monday, December 14, 2009

Pillow Talk

One of my favorite things between the Wife and I is the time we have in the mornings to talk, in bed. Usually on the weekends there's nothing pressing and we get a conversation or two in but during the week, it's another story. So the Monday-Friday AM talks are either non-existing or very short and abbreviated, as in this morning's pillow talk...

Me: "Do you know if...." very long pause because I was trying to remember her bosses name

Wife: "I don't know yet"

Me: still pausing but now wondering how the fuck she knew what my question was going to be.

Wife: "You know, I can't always wait for you to finish your sentence."

Me: Trying very hard to regroup my brain cells "You going to tell me her name?"

Wife: "Janet"

Me: "How did you know what I was going to ask you?"

Wife: "I knew"

Me: pass

14 comments:

CJ said...

Wife wins. No doubt!

lesbo said...

it's a sign: you're meant for one another ;)

Ang said...

I agree with Lesbo...your soul mates :)

2momswithaplan said...

LOL Holly will finish my sentences all the time and it frustrates the hell out of me... because I'm wracking my brain for the next word in the sentence and she's already ahead of me! That's what being together for a long ass time will do for you. LOL

Your wife knows you really well... you two are perfect for each other!

vixen kitten said...

I always say a soul mate is someone who knows you better than you know yourself.

I think that describes you two perfectly.

Thank you, for giving me hope, in the institution of marriage!

xoxo
~vk~

small town dyke said...

I think your like the wife and I and you share the same brain!!! It's grand sometimes others not so much.

canihelpyousir.com said...

That's the best story. That's the kind of thing I'm hoping to find one of these days.

Mel's Way or No Way said...

Hahaha, the wife ALWAYS knows! Great story. :)

Jen said...

Ha I love this. :)

Mrs. Loudshoes said...

I'm definitely a wife! The Mister has only to start a sentance with "you know, you might want to...." and I am all "no, I don't". He has no idea how I do it.

Dragon said...

Deep connection, nuff said, but you already new that :-)

Real Live Lesbian said...

I love this!

CJ said...

Yay for weekend mornings in bed and pillow talk!

alphafemme said...

so perfect!! this is exactly what I imagine marriage to be like :)