Tuesday, December 29, 2009

What the ....


Odd thing happened last night as our Monday night margarita crew was leaving the restaurant. Girlfriend A already left in her car. G&S were in their car and still in the parking lot. Mrs Jude was backing up our car when out of no where we were buzzed on the driver's side by an elderly gentleman driving one of those motorized 4 wheeled chair-scooter things. It was dark, he had no lights and he scared the bejeebies out of us when he passed us. I mean really, the fucker had it in turbo that is until he tried to negotiate a 45 degree turn and it was at that point everything went into slow-mo mode as his little vehicle started to tilt precariously to the left and on two wheels. Well, he didn't quite make the turn as the little scooter and him tipped the fuck over. With about 5 margaritas in my belly I had all I could do to not laugh hysterically. We stopped, got out of our car as did G&S and another couple who had seen the accident. We got him and the scooter up-righted, fixed his duel mirrors and stayed with him while he got his senses back (?). Other than a scraped knee he was fine. I gave him a peppermint candy, he gave me a high five and was off in turbo again. Mrs. Jude said he had a bottle of beer in his basket. LMAO Back in the car and driving home we looked for our tip-over man and we saw him riding his scooter in the drive thru at the taco stand. Right, just what he needed, some beans.

15 comments:

lesbo said...

oh em gee! this has me laughing so hard that tears were flowing.
what the eff is right!
hilarious.

2momswithaplan said...

hahah! I hope I have stories to tell like that when I'm his age! LOL

tanya said...

what a riot! instead of a piece of candy, you should have given him some clip on led lights or glow in the dark duct tape! that man needs a headlight on his scooter! glad no damage was done to anyone :)

tanya said...

oh. and my favorite part of this whole post was when you used the word "bejeebies". i havnt heard that in years, way to bring it back.

C.I.W. said...

okay. that is HEEELLLLL-ARIOUS!!!!

small town dyke said...

I think I would have laughed with or without the ritas. glad no one was hurt!

jelly said...

wow.
that is funny!

Dragon said...

Too funny, regardless of drinks or not.

FemmeFairyGodmother said...

I laughed at the "duel mirrors." I know you meant dual mirros - as in 2 - but I kept imagining him with his gun at dawn ... on his scooter. Ba ha ha ha

Ang said...

Haha great post....I am glad he was ok Yay for taco's

Mel's Way or No Way said...

Hahahaha! If that chair has a turbo setting then I think he should be required to have roll-bars installed.

I would have been laughing my ass off even without the alcohol.

Mrs. Loudshoes said...

I'm not sure how you did keep a straight face....that show and a couple of margeritas would have had me on the ground laughing!

Margo said...

Ummm.....hilarious.

canihelpyousir.com said...

You are a better person than I am, because I would've been laughing my ass off. Thanks for sharing this story, because it made me burst out laughing.

C said...

lmfaorof!


c