Sunday, January 31, 2010

... jumped over my line


Yesterday, Cousin S and I went fishing. We got up at 5 o'fuck 30, drove to the lake, rented a boat and motored over to one of the prime fishing spots and stayed there all morning. 6 hours and 6 fish later we came in. Yes, we caught 6 trout. Well, Cousin S caught em, I had only one friggin hit and caught some sunburn on my face.

I was using what I thought were delicious looking earth worms. How could either the cat fish, bass or trout pass by this wonderfully squiggling hunk of moving slimy muscle? I got nothing.
Cousin S was using a shiny gold lure. He got two off of that fake thing.

A fish jumped and Cousin S threw his line past the water circle. He caught one.
Later another fish jumped, I did the same, over and over again. Pfft! A little later a fish jumped right over my line!!??!! Shithead.

And then for fuck's sake, I was texted by a FEMME (yes a femme) to use stinky power bait! So I borrowed some from Cousin S, switched over and Lesbo, I got nothing. Sorry, he only had yellow.
Cousin S used a power bait worm and hooked a trout.

I switched over to a rainbow shinny thing and played with that for a while. Nada, rien, niente, zippo.
Cousin S showed me a new shiny noisy thing and told me if he catches a fish and sends in a picture of it he'll get three free lures. He caught a fish with it and I had to take his fucking picture.

Cousin S - 6
Jude - 0

I did not take a life yesterday and I had a wonderful time out on the water, relaxing in the sun and fresh air....yes.I.did.

Last night I stopped in at my sports store. Bought an extra pole license (from the same girl that sold me my original license, she smiled), a gold, a silver and a blue shiny thing, got one of those red and gold shiny noisy things that if you catch one you send in the picture, three jars of stinky power bait (one is bright pink and orange) and a bag of super stinky catfish bait. I also got a net because what the fuck, if I'm not ready to bring in a fish all the way I'll never catch one, right?

So, Cousin S, get ready to take a picture of ME next time.

14 comments:

CJ said...

I could handle getting up that early but the slimy worms - no way. I'd stick with the shiny things.

C said...

ewwwwwwwwwwww WORMS....

hey jude, ya know how i feel about the slimy icky lil thangs...

but your day sounds great to me, otherwize...

of course, i do like trout so i could of helped ya eat them... [providing no evidence of it having a head or face that is]...


c

Ang said...

sorry you didn't catch anything :( at least you had some fun

vixen kitten said...

Sorry, Sugar. You lost any and all sympathy I may have felt for you when you mentioned the whole "sunburn" thang.

I froze my ass off at the dog park in windchills that would freeze a witches tit just so my blonde princess could get out and burn off some of her excess energy.

*snort* Sunburn my ass.


~vk~

Bebedores do Gondufo said...

Good blog.

wellyfood said...

Gee mate, you took that well! I'd be so fucking annoyed that I may well have drowned the cousin :D
Not that I'm a sore loser or anything!!

small town dyke said...

I would come fish with you if I can read while you do the fish thing.

LilliGirl said...

Dont know about all the stinky bait but shiny things make me happy...Better luck next time.

reeflightning said...

next time jude next time!

lesbo said...

well. for fucks sake. I told you PINK.
ha. this post made me giggle.

Monkey Outlaw said...

LOL loved the story!

Dragon said...

LOL nice, damn fish taunting you. You will just have to show them who is boss next time.

canihelpyousir said...

You have to get a license for an extra pole? Who knew.

Sandy said...

Hey,the purple rubber worm works well here with the bass.If you work it like it is wounded,the Bass will hop onto it and bang,the pole starts bending.What a sensation feeling reeling it in.Of couse,then I release it and ask it to send me his grandfather.I am still waiting for the grandfather.LOL.