Saturday, January 9, 2010

Who'da Thunk?


When I decided to start this blog I didn't know what to expect. I probably had more questions (fears) running through my brain than answers. You know the typical, who's gonna read/care? what am I going to write about? what if I get nasty comments left on my door step? how open should I be?

I could have easily talked myself out of this project but then I love to throw challenges at myself.

I never considered myself a writer and would still deny that I am one. I would much rather tell the story through pictures vs. words. Like in the case of the kid hanging onto the cliff. My prefernce would be to snap first, talk then maybe write about it. (oh and somewhere after the snap, save if it was required). But here it is, fourteen months later and I still have junk to write AND people are actually reading the junk (or maybe not but are leaving comments, it doesn't matter).

What does matter is what I've found in this blogging world; a community or a group of people that I can see, hear and feel who authentically care.

So on this 200th posting, I am dedicating it to the followers who take a moment out of their lives to stop by, read my words, laugh with me and who've recently helped me get through one heck of a time in my life. You Gals have been and will continue to rock my world!


p.s. no animal was harmed in the making of the photo ;)

23 comments:

CrackerLilo said...

Happy 200th post! May there be hundreds more!

canihelpyousir.com said...

I know I've been late to meet you and find your blog, but I've really enjoyed reading and getting to know you better. Looking forward to reading even more!

Your word verification is "rightfur." That made me laugh.

lyon de clarasvals said...

Just found your great pictures and I am enjoying reading your adventures. 200 Posts! Wow, that is so cool. I look forward to the next 200.

vixen kitten said...

Happy 200th post, Sugar! Thank you for always inspiring me.

♥ you a lot,

~vk~

small town dyke said...

yay for your 200th post!!! it has been great getting to know you and read about your life, can't wait till refocksa 2010 so we can shoot together!!!

two cat scene said...

Heyyyyyy! Happy 200th!Thanks for reading mine too

Propane Amy said...

I love you, Big Papa. You are the best.

Ang said...

Happy 200'th....you are truly an inspiration.

Mel's Way or No Way said...

Congrats Jude! You are really one of my favorite reads. It's an honor to get a little glimpse into the life you share with your wife. Have a great weekend :)

lesbo said...

my dear sweet jude,
you were one of the very first commenters on my measly little blog. and your's was one of the very first i caught on to--thank god for that. you quickly became one of my most favorite people.

i'm so happy to be on this journey with you. i love you dearly!

xo.

C said...

backatcha babe! you feel like a friend to me too and i look forward to reading your thoughts and ideas here. you have become a part of my cyberlife and i would miss you GREATLY if you left it.
it comforts me to no end that i feel a kinship with peeps i never met, and helps fill in the aloneness i sometimes slip into.


please dont leave...

love,
c

Dawg said...

*hugs* ur the daddy! :)

Girl Fires said...

**no animal was harmed**

HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA

Happy 200th - how long has it taken?

Camlin said...

Happy 200!!! Looking forward to more!

And thank you, for all the comments and support that you've sent my way.

greg said...

I ditto Camlin, thanks for being so supportive over at my space. I think it's pretty great that we are all there for each other. It makes the hard stuff so much easier. Cheers on your 200th!

tanya said...

:) smiles :)

aj said...

Congrats! Glad you're here Jude.

jelly said...

happy 200th post, glad to have found you and look forward to reading tons of future posts.

LilliGirl said...

You Rock! Keep em comin...

shane rocket said...

what about the people laughing at you?


love ya...

Monkey Outlaw said...

Wow Happy 20th Jude. I secretly always kept up with you ... I laugh so much sometimes at what you write and look forward to your stories of life adventures! Can't wait to read your next 200!

Jen said...

Congrats on 200! Looking forward to the next 200 Jude :)

Bridgeout said...

I gotsta tell ya!!! I found you thru the girls, girls, girls blog after she posted on my blog... and I am happy about it! So glad to find another great spot to hang!
Peace
Wendy