Sunday, February 7, 2010

Did You Find Everything Sir?


Kinda like "Can I help you Sir?", happens to me all the time too. Lately I've noticed a difference, actually Mrs Jude is the one that noticed the change.

I was at "The OutdoorsMAN" store yesterday. It was raining, I couldn't go fishing so I went searching for a new (bigger) tackle box to hold my increased inventory of shiny and stinky lures. I must of spent around 45 minutes in the store looking at ALL the fishing items and then finding the perfect tackle box after many intense minutes of checking each one. An added plus was no salesperson annoyed me. After getting what I needed I went up to the check out counter.....

CheckOut Man: Did you find everything you were looking for Sir?

Me: Yes I did thanks.

COM: And I saw that Steve helped you out (looking at me).

Me: "smiling"

COM: These new contacts are bothering my eyes. I'm having a very difficult time seeing today.

Me: "chuckling" Oh, that's too bad.

COM: Thanks for shopping at blah blah blah.


When I got home......

Mrs Jude: So how did you do?

Me: I'm all set with gear now and I got sir'ed.

Mrs J: But that doesn't seem to bother you anymore.

Me: No it doesn't, actually I kinda like it now.


It use to be whenever I got the "sir" I would counter with the same (ma'am for a man, or sir for a woman) which forced the person to be either apologetic or uncomfortable. Now what the hell, I don't worry about it anymore. So what if people get confused or their contacts are bothering them, I'm happy with the way I am.

15 comments:

Mina said...

It happens to my partner *all* the time. She just kinda laughs it off. Mainly because of how awkward the other person becomes when realizing their mistake.

vixen kitten said...

Keep being who you are, and just keep rocking the hell outta life like you do!

Life is far too short to give any extra time to the fucktards of the world.

xoxo
~vk~

canihelpyousir said...

Yeah, I can relate! It used to bother me too, but when I finally got more comfortable it stopped bugging me. Now I almost consider it a compliment.

greg said...

I love your attitude, it's a good way to be.

Blazer said...

I feel the same way. It used to really bug me, now I tend to feel sorry for the other party when (if) they realize the mistake. I have a pretty low voice so that doesn't help out much. While we were holiday shopping I had to drag my GF away from some idiot who addressed my as Sir on the way out of the store, when the GF had already corrected him on our way in.

Dragon said...

Nice! Yeah, I get it too and it doesn't bother me.

Mel's Way or No Way said...

When in doubt, don't "sir" or "mam'am".

People just see things only as they want to see them in their own little world. No point in getting upset about it.

You handled it well and sometimes it's nice to have a little fun with them too.

Any luck fishing?

C said...

nice 'tude, jude....

why not let the happy fairies embrace you today...

YOU ROCK, sistah!

c

Gledwood said...

Hey Jude!

Gledwood said...

Sorry, couldn't resist. Been at the cyder this afternooon...

Sandy said...

Keep that attitude rocking,Jude.So tell me about your fishing adventures.I love to fish and am very selective on the fishing gear I purchase.Hope you get that big one.

LilliGirl said...

Sounds like the fish better watch out now!

Keep smiling. As long as you are happy the rest don't matter. ;)

jelly said...

It has happened to my wife once or twice, it has bothered her alittle, but I think it usually bothers the person who is being an ass and not paying attention.

You have a good attitude...good for you.

Mrs. Loudshoes said...

My friend Big Liver Girl gets that all the time. It doesnt' bother her too much, usually, except when she's wearing a bathing suit.

lesbo said...

show us your big box
twss.