Thursday, March 18, 2010

The BB Award


Thank you LilliGirl over at It's a Great Life for the award! LG does wonderful work with dog rescuing so make sure to go check out her place. She's got a heart of gold.

This BBA has its rules:

1. Thank the person who gave you this award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass the award along to 15 bloggers who you have recently discovered and who you think are fantastic!
4. Contact the bloggers you've picked and let them know about the award.

And just like me, I'm going to bend those rules a bit, especially #3. So here it goes....

List 7 things you don't know about me - basically these are things I've never written blog stories. Hmmm, this could be dangerous.

1. I can't wait for my hair to turn ALL grey. Grey hair and I get along just fine because I started turning at age 13. It's from my Dad and that alone makes grey OK.

2. You might not believe his one but I'm a very quiet/shy person and it's something that I've struggled with all my life. Self esteem and confidence is a work in progress. Though I have to say that I've got the confidence one in the bag.

3. I love to challenge and break my fears. Public speaking was a biggie (thanks to #2) so I've always looked for opportunities, especially in the work place to speak in front of a large crowd of people. I never consider myself to be a writer (still don't) and I know my grammar isn't perfect so I began this blog and it forces me to write. Am I becoming a better writer? I don't give a shit, I'm having fun and I've met some outrageously cool people.

4. About eight years ago I was in a AIDs ride where I rode my bicycle along with 1,000 other riders from Missoula to Billings, Montana. 475 miles in 7 days. That was a major self esteem and confidence builder. To be eligible to do the ride I had to get a lot of people to give me money ($2,000 minimum total donations, I ended up with over $3,000). It was physically challenging and out of the 2,000 people that participated as riders and helpers I knew no one. The ride turned into one of my best life experiences AND I had sculptured legs for about year! Would I ever do something like this again? Fuck no! It hurt.

5. I got my first dog when I was 5 years old. Trixie. Ever since then there has only been two years of my life that I didn't own a dog. So to Trixie, JayDee, Pepper, Brandy, Rebel and Elvis you all brought a lot of happiness into my life. To my current two, Harley Girl, you are the sweetest and Ziggy you make me laugh every day. Dogs Rule!

6. Firefighting for a year gave me so much passion and such a high I actually came to an understanding of why pyromaniacs do what they do. Sit me down at a campfire and I flashback to that time and those feelings.

7. I had my first experience with a woman at age 16. She was 10 years my senior, a high school teacher and I wouldn't want to change a thing about that either. It took me about 34 years to come completely "out". If I could do that part all over again I would have done it sooner. My life is so much better being out.


Now to choose some bloggers that I've recently discovered, more or less and in no particular order. All of these bloggers have something in common. They write about their experiences, what's happening in their lives and they carry some sense of humor. If you haven't figured me out by now, humor is important to me. So please, give these ladies a visit and say hello.

Mel's Way or No Way - Mel is a character and a half. Go read her and find out yourself.

Mrs. Loudshoes - Pay attention when you're reading and you will finish with a smile on your face. Her weekly recap of The Amazing Race will have you rolling.

New Bo - Oh to be young again. NewBo is finishing up school and she is crazy, I mean c.r.a.z.y in love.

AlphaFemme - She promises that she won't bite - and that's too bad.

Individual, Incredible Me - Is a new blogger. Go visit and read about the hippo and then the valentines postings and you'll fall in love with her like I did. Oh, and she's crazy in love with someone too.

Go now and check out these sexy ladies.

12 comments:

Mel's Way or No Way said...

It's a major award!

Thanks Jude. You gave me the biggest smile tonight...something I desperately needed. Hugs back at ya sweetie! :)

Newbo said...

Awww thank you :)! You've really put a smile on my face this very early morning! (Early in the UK i mean).

I've just finished reading a book which reminded me of you actually :)
It's called 'The Night Watch' by Sarah Waters, you should check it out :)
Thank you!

Real Live Lesbian said...

Congrats! And I can't wait to go read these new folks!

You'll have to stop by sometime and have a drink in front of our huge fireplace!

Mrs. Loudshoes said...

Jude~ I'm honored and delighted...coming from you this is a very big deal!! This has absolutely made my day!

Dragon said...

Awesome on the AIDs ride! No I wouldn't guess you for being shy but you never know people really through these blogs. And yes, I love a nice bonfire (which usually comes with a huge heap of pallets and gasonline)

alphafemme said...

Awww! Thank you Jude!! I'm flattered to be a part of your list :) I'll be passing it along of course!

Also, that AIDS ride sounds intense. So impressive!! Makes me want to do something like that too.

And... for some reason it's comforting to me that you say you're a quiet/shy person, because I am too, in person (until you get to really know me anyway!), and, well, it's just nice to have company I guess! And to know that someone who I think is hilarious and so lovely (you!) is like me in that way :)

findingclaire said...

I tagged you on my blog!

lightfeather said...

Great read! I plan to check out these blogs right away!

greg said...

I love the way you not only push through your fears but you also challenge them, that's really impressive.

That ride is an amazing accomplishment!! wow

Taylor said...

I'm so glad you told people to check out Jessi's blog :) She's been begging me to find her some followers. What are girlfriends for?

Jessi said...

WWOOOWWW! I feel sooo honored! Thanks! :)

I better step it up now! :)

Snooker said...

I really wouldn't have thought of you as shy.
The bike ride thing is interesting, probably a bit of a life-changing situation for you.