Sunday, April 11, 2010

Beep Beep My

We had just begun our trip to Nashville we were heading to the airport, as in we're only 5 miles from home and my hearing impared Dad decided to give me a stress test.
I was driving, he was in the passenger seat and Mrs Jude was in the back looking over my shoulder. I started to hear clicking noises. It's my Dad, he was playing with the electronic lock.
After three rounds of locking and unlocking the fucking alarm goes off!

People!, I'm driving down the road with the horn going off and I'm sure my headlights were flashing like we were in the middle of a major emergency. With the that commotion going on along with Lady Gaga singing her heart out on the radio, I was still able to catch the whole "ohmygod" that emmitted from the back seat.
After who knows how many security cycles the car went through and after I SHOUTED to my Dad "don't touch anything!" the alram finally stopped. For fucks sake!

At the trailing end of my big sigh I heard my Dad mumble "noisy out there". Two weeks with my Dad? A piece of cake.

15 comments:

Real Live Lesbian said...

LMFAO....he sounds like a hoot! I hope you guys had a "relaxing" stay in the boonies!

Did Mrs. J go to the camp with ya? Girl, she should've stayed with us in Nashville!

C said...

lmao... i can see it now... whoooaa lil doegy, whoa...

i'm glad to hear lady gaga was there with you- i just fucking love her music! i love watching her perform too.

have a lervely 2 weeks with pops.

c

CJ said...

Picturing this in my head and LMAO. Too funny.

notjustafemme said...

i KNEW you'd come through for me with a story about your dad's hearing.
oh, dear. i was rolling laughing at this - even tho it's my second round of hearing it. I LOVE IT.
"noisy out there" HAHAHA.

lyon de clarasvals said...

Hey, the worst must be over now. I sure hope you get the rest you need. Have fun.

2momswithaplan said...

Oh that's hilarious!

He sounds a lot like Holly's dad. lol

SquirtyB said...

OMG that is hilarious. I didn't even know that was possible! Have fun!

Mel's Way or No Way said...

Oh, Jude! Thanks for the big laugh.

Now, tell me again why are you going to a place that is alcohol free? I would be loading my pockets on the plane and hitting the liquor store in TN.

greg said...

That is TOO funny! I can picture how insane your car must have looked on the road, with all the flashing.

shane rocket said...

sounds like you in a few years, unable to stop touching shit/pushing buttons!!! hahahaha

tommy said...

heh heh... good times :)

alphafemme said...

why is it that you always have the most hilarious stories?

or is it just that you have a real knack for making people laugh?

probably a combincation of both ;)

Dragon said...

LMAO... very funny!

jelly said...

He didn't hear the alarm I'm assuming? lol He wears a hearing aid?

You have to love us deaf/hoh folks!

Have a nice vacation.

canihelpyousir.com said...

This makes me laugh and also cringe, because I know I'm looking at my life not too far in the future. Ack.