Saturday, April 17, 2010

Lost and Sometimes Found

My Dad, who's turning 90 at the end of the month, and I have been coming to this Spa in Tennessee for some time now. I've come to learn that a certain phenomena will occur at least once and quite possibly a few times during our two week stay. When it does happen, I remain (try to) calm.

My Dad losses shit.

It could just be a "left behind" incident in which case usually either a guest or a Spa worker will return the item. Other times it's a lost where the "whatever" goes into some deep dark Tennessee abyss never to be seen again.

Most of the times the shit turns up. Which is why it's easy for me to stay calm. The worst one occurred a couple of year ago when he lost a bottle of medication that he needed to take twice a day. I remember the housekeeper going through the days dirty laundry searching for the damn bottle. We ended up at the ER late at night so he could get a single dose then a script.

Shit happens, right?

So here is what has happened so far during our first week's stay; the Left Behind items and their status:

1. Giant wrap around sun glasses - found
2. Two pair of clean socks, mine no less - reported and retrieved
3. Watch - I was going to type missing but as I was midway through this posting, the phone rang in the reading room where the computers are located, the person who answered shouted out "Jude! Your Dad's watch is in the office". reported and will be retrieved as soon as I hit publish post.

One thing is certain, my Dad is on a roll and this could turn into a stellar year!

7 comments:

notjustafemme said...

you forgot to mention the missing sock that was on the other foot...
jude, i've said it before and i'll say it again - i love your dad. and you.
thanks for the saturday night giggles!

Jude said...

OMG, I can't even keep up with him this year! That's right, the lost sock. He had me looking in the sheets, under the blanket, under the fucking bed! Coudn't find the sock that was on his foot when he went to bed the night before. I gave up and went to the pool. At lunch ge told me he found it on the same foot the other sock was on. WTF! So that's number 4. He's got 7 more days here...oh boy.

Mel's Way or No Way said...

Oh Jude, just keep holding on! No wonder the wife stays home.

Wrap around sunglasses-always a good look for the over 80 group. So he really had 2 socks on one foot and had you searching for the missing one. :D

No alcohol at this place...what do they offer to help you relax?

canihelpyousir.com said...

Hang in there, buddy. And in the meantime, keep the stories coming, because they crack me up. I'm glad you're having a good time!

Jude said...

Mel, the Wife stays home because the word "fitness" is included in the name of this place. I don't miss the alcohol, I think a lot of that has to do with the bellydancer that works here. ;D

notjustafemme said...

"the wife stays home because of the word 'fitness'.."
oh my god. that cracked me up.

Camlin said...

I lose stuff all the time. I can't wait until I'm 90....