Saturday, May 29, 2010

#5 Some Secrets Revealed

Moving along to the next question that you've asked in the Now Is Your Chance posting, my fella Jersey Girl, Jelly wants us to provide our secrets on how we keep the romance active in our relationship. Short answer is, a hell of a lot of wine but lets get into some more details.

What advice could you give on keeping the romance alive in your marriage after you've been together for a long while?

Mrs. Jude:
Through all the years, I guess we had a number of things that kept our relationship exciting. For a while, in the very beginning we would spend most of our time together, no one else and there was a lot of drinking, see how many bars we could hit in one day, unfortunately we would only make one.

Then as we grew up we started doing crazy things - Jeep Jamborees, ocean kayaking, and going to a dude ranch are only a few. Well now here is what we do, we try to go somewhere every two months. Short trips. We've been doing this for about 6 months now and it's been great! We get all over each other. Yahoo!

Me:
LMAO.
So, as Mrs Jude points out we love to travel together. We're fine with a group of people, strangers, a few friends and our favorite is still just me and Mrs Jude. We absolutely, fully, enjoy each others company. Of course we have our snit times but those are few and far between and we quickly get over the snit. The latest adventures are our weekend get aways where we hop in the car and just go. Sometimes we'll have the where all planned out and other times it's blindly hitting the road. The romance behind it is we get total time together and who wouldn't agree that hotel sex is fucking hot! (I should write a posting on our hotel headboard experiences!)

I'm more amorous in the relationship too. The unexpected bouquet of flowers, the card that's hidden in her purse or under her pillow, taking her out to a fine restaurant, it's all in the uniqueness and the surprise factor. Ha! One time we were at her boss's home, I followed Mrs Jude to the bathroom, closed the door behind us and snuck a kiss. The look on her face was priceless. I treat her so special that when we're out together, straight women watch and wish they had half of the attention from theirs that I give to Mrs Jude.

For me, romance is investing your time and paying attention. When I turn on the romance to Mrs Jude, it makes her feel special and then so do I.

Thanks Jelly for bringing up an important element in a relationship.

8 comments:

kym said...

The wife and I both read your response and it was really, really good and inspiring!

Keeping the romance and that spark alive in a relationship can be hard and I can see how easy it would be to just let all that stuff slide away when life gets in the way.
It was nice to read that the two of you continue to work (lovingly work of course) on your marriage daily.

Awesome ladies...simply awesome...oh and GO FLYERS!

alphafemme said...

I've had countless straight women tell me they wish their guys were as attentive to them as my girl is to me!! Makes my heart thud every time, because it makes me re-realize how lucky I am. Seems like you and Mrs. Jude both are pretty damn lucky!

Mel's Way or No Way said...

So why is it that hotel sex is soooo hot? Now I'm waiting for your headboard stories...

Very good post and absolutely the truth. You gotta spend time together and be attentive to keep the romance alive.

Personally I love the little things that my sweetie does that leads me to think of her throughout the day.

bellygirls said...

Holly and I love laying in bed after a long day and talking, then talking leads to kissing and kissing leads to... well I'm sure you can figure that out. ;)

We just learn to make time for each other. It's so easy to get comfortable and lose track. I've also found that date nights once a week work wonders!

I love the romance between you and Mrs. Jude - you two are lovely together!

notjustafemme said...

I love the idea of little mini-vacays together, just the two of you. it's nice to just be together away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
those little things can so often be taken for granted but they go the furthest for me. I love the way they make me feel.
thanks for sharing your little secrets with us :)

greg said...

You should teach a class for men who don't realize how simple it is to make your lady feel like the most special person in the world. Romance doesn't ever have to fade.

small town dyke said...

love it!! you girls are great!

Camlin said...

...must hear headboard stories!