Friday, August 27, 2010

One Very Cool Dad

I've always been Daddy's little girl.

Ever since I can remember I was his shadow on the weekends. After I got done with the dreaded inside domestic chores my Mother assigned me I'd be out the door or down the basement to spend the rest of the day with my Dad. He would take me to what I thought was the absolutely best store in the world which was surprisingly located right in the middle of our little rural NJ town, the hardware store. I remember one year he even let me help him replace the roof to the house. No matter how many questions I would ask of him, he would always give me the time for an answer. Fast forward to 2010, here's my Dad now at 90 years old.
 
 
After my Mom passed away my Dad moved in with us and there was no shaking him off when I got transferred from living in the South to our present location in So Cal. He's pretty healthy for his age. He still drives but I see that ending in the very near future. He plays bridge on line, checks his stocks on line, in fact he's got his laptop AND PC set up on his desk and they're both normally on at the same time. He's a very cool dude and I love him dearly.

So I think it's time for me to start paying more attention to some of the stuff he does and definitely take more pictures of him too. Let's see how my Dad Stories takes off because I certainly have quite a few to share.

12 comments:

vixen kitten said...

He looks like a great guy!

I can't wait to hear some Dad stories. I have a feeling you get a lot of your humor and personality from him. These outta be lots of fun!

Take lots of pics, please!

xoxo
~vk~

B said...

That's a wonderful idea. I didn't know he lived with you. What a blessing that is! To both of you!

C said...

he is soooooooo cute, jude!!! i can see family resemblance too. i hope you do take more time with him, more photos, more everything daddy!

you are very blessed.

cant wait for the stories!

small town dyke said...

yay! dad stories!

Taylor said...

That's so awesome! I've always been Daddy's little girl too.

notjustafemme said...

I'm so excited for this new set of stories. I love hearing about your dad!

canihelpyousir said...

My dad turned 79 today, so I feel like I'm kind of in the same boat. We don't always see eye to eye, but I feel the need to capture more about him.

greg said...

That's so sweet. I'm a daddy's girl too and would love to read stories about yours.

2momswithaplan said...

That's awesome! I would love to hear more Dad stories. I was never a daddy's girl but I always wanted to be.

kym said...

What a wonderful post :-) Made me smile.

Mel's Way or No Way said...

Love that picture.
Can't wait for dad stories. I smile everytime I think about him playing with the door locks and setting off the car alarm while you were driving.

LilliGirl said...

I heart him