Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Role Reversals Are Not Recommended

At least not in this household.

A couple of weeks ago, Mrs Jude was vacuuming and I was rearranging and cleaning the room  I was setting up for my b&w film developing. She was on a break when I decided to vacuum my room. I should have known better to touch that big purple and gray thing.

First thing was I couldn't find the button to turn the friggin thing on then I couldn't find how to tilt it from the upright position. After pressing (hitting?) various buttons, knobs and other things with my fingers or feet I ended up with three odd looking parts of the vacuum on the floor. A-OH. I shouted for Mrs Jude to help me and well, I don't want to go there again with how she responded.  A major butch fail on an activity that normally a very knowledgeable femme completes.

Then some minor plumbing replacement needed to be done so Mrs Jude took it upon herself to take care of it. I should have seen those warning signs but hey, how much can you fuck up replacing a toilet seat? Three trips to homo depot and two returns later, that's how much. Funny thing is too, every time she came home with a newer seat, it cost more than the one she had just returned.

Sunday's challenge was putting the new charcoal grill together. Fourteen steps and about a leisurely hour later it was done. She watched and I screwed. We know our places and we're both all right with staying in them too.

9 comments:

kym said...

lol, leave the vaccuuming to the Mrs! :-)

Real Live Lesbian said...

I'm like Mrs. Jude. I like for someone else to do the screwin'!

notjustafemme said...

R likes nice things - even when it comes to toilet seats!

We're anxiously awaiting pictures of your new grill, you lucky Butch.

Mel's Way or No Way said...

My sweetie is mystified by the washing machine...too many buttons and flashing lights.

So you were out-smarted by a vacuum. That's very butch of you.:D Stick to the screwin' if that's what you do best!

C said...

that is so funny because diane and i do the same. we each do what we do best... she is the lawn mower, mechanic, fix anything type of gal. i am the cooker and decorator... of course she cooks too.. but since my arm injury, she has had to pick up some slack cuz i cant do anything that requires strength...

poor wifey...

bellygirls said...

hehehe.... you two complete each other. :)

greg said...

Gf washes red & white clothes together. uh huh. She's not allowed in the laundry room anymore. :)

Mrs. Loudshoes said...

Don't mess with the order of the universe....if you do, some how you end up with too many toilet seats.

canihelpyousir said...

There are definitely things I'm better at than others, but I actually like vacuuming. You can do that in your boxers with the vacuum in one hand and a drink in the other. WIN.