Sunday, November 28, 2010

Butch Tools

Along with the typical hand tools and electronic gizzmos, I believe there is one tool that every butch should have in their possession, a bread machine.

Fresh baked bread is a total chick magnet. The whole idea of throwing the ingredients together in a little tub, setting the machine controls to the proper bread type and turning it on might have some believing that method is a total cop out in the whole home made bread making business. And I can understand those thoughts. I use to be a die hard, dough pounding, kneading bread maker butch but then I bought my first bread machine. The first time I used that wondrous machine I found out the end result was the same, if not better. The last 30 minutes of the making cycle is when the bread bakes and it's this time when the mind blowing, baking bread aroma permeates through your home. When the beeping noise sounds you're very close to spreading your pleasure on top of steaming hot bread.

We wore out the first bread machine and we're on our second. Bread machines are definitely, well designed butch tools. Trust me.

I know a very tasty and  rewarding Honey Wheat bread recipe which I will gladly share.....

with other butches. 


;D

14 comments:

LilliGirl said...

I feel so discriminated against...Certainly I'm enough of a crossover that you will share with me.

Mel's Way or No Way said...

I LOVE my bread machine. At first I thought it was cheating, but I say as long as I put all my own ingredients in, it's still homemade even if I didn't knead the dough myself.

Jude said...

Oh come on LilliGirl, I wouldn't discriminate...that's why I added the blink. I would share with you, just cause you're you.

Mel...I don't think it's cheating either. It still comes out as home made. Plus, it's healthier made in a bread machine. At least mine is cause normally during the kneading part I would get flour up my nose and sneeze! Not anymore.

notjustafemme said...

Mmmm, honey wheat bread sounds DELICIOUS. With honey butter on top?

I need a bread machine ASAP.

small town dyke said...

Sounds about right! I would love to be able to make good bread for my butch:) I made homemade rolls for the first time this yr!

C.I.W. said...

We have a bread machine sitting right over there in the next room ----> We haven't done anything with it.. it is SCARY! What is your favorite recipie?!?!?!?

vixen kitten said...

Ummm....I need that recipe!

Pretty please!

C said...

i could smell that warm bread baking as i read your post!! now i have to go make some... we love it too!!! do you like raison bread? we do!

FemmeFairyGodmother said...

You are right! I got homemade bread from a butch pal this week and it was wonderful. I am not sharing it either! :) As I'm not butch, you can't share the recipe with me, but you COULD send me some bread! I'll send you my address! *wink*

Jen said...

You're killing me! Hahah

Mrs. Loudshoes said...

Jude, you are, as usual, right on the money....homemade bread is the food of the gods!! I make plenty of pizza dough, as well as plain bread in my bread machine, but it's REAL worth is when I dump everything in the night before and set the timer and WAKE UP TO THE SMELL OF FRESH BREAD. Totally worth getting out of bed for.

canihelpyousir.com said...

Put me on the list! I think a butch who can cook is dangerous in all the right ways, and knowing how to make good homemade bread is a fantastic tool to have.

Real Live Lesbian said...

::Runs out to get a butch haircut::

Now I just need a bread machine! Sounds delish!

southernfemme said...

Yes, please (though not very butchie)!! :)