Friday, December 31, 2010

Soon, A New One

New Year's resolutions and I don't get along. Every time I make them, the opposite usually occurs.

Number one on the list is the lose weight goal and instead of losing, I gain. So much for that eating healthier idea that should be floating around in my brain cells instead bring on the refried beans and margarita's.

Another one that's been on my list for the past three years is getting serious with my photography. I've had a NYIP course sitting on the shelves and I have yet to send in one piece of course work. Every year I say I'm going to do more of the photography that I love to do and begin the course but instead I only doodle and dabble in picture taking without one hint of seriousness.  Well lucky me, since the course was paid in cash, I still have one year to complete it. There's still hope.

Living lighter, meaning getting rid of some material crap. Have you ever read those blogs of people that only have 50 items of possessions? Underwear and socks count as one item, but still, I often wonder how those people do it. It's got to be spiritually refreshing and free to not have all the clutter. I tried it last year and it worked for about a week. I got rid of some crap but by the end of the week I replaced it with other stuff. Fuck that.

So this year I'm going to make one and only one resolution. I'm NOT going to do jack shit. Let's see how this one rolls out for 2011.

Happy New Year everyone!

Peace, Love and Boob Squishing Hugs.

8 comments:

Mel's Way or No Way said...

I loved this Jude! No resolutions here either.

Happy New Year to you and the Mrs.

MakingSpace said...

Perfect. LOL

No resolutions, just see what flows. Love it!

Happy New Year!

C said...

happy new year to you both, too! i've missed you on here but you must of had yo reasons... for being away.

glad you are back. i think you take awesome pictures and SHOULD do all in your power to get your pictures published!!

lyon de clarasvals said...

I know just how you feel. Happy New Year.

LilliGirl said...

Sweet! You'll get tons done now! I just picked up a book on photography with one of my gift cards. Hopefully I can tantalize you with my skills and you will be compelled to pull out your course work. ;)-

notjustafemme said...

It seems like people always have too much pressure with their resolutions. They set them too high and feel devastated when they fail.

I much prefer to set smaller goals throughout the year and then feel good when I reach them. WIN-WIN.

Happy New Year to you and R. Sending much love to my favorite So-Cal friends.

Mrs. Loudshoes said...

Excellent. Resolutions are counter-productive, to say the least. They are mental incarceration, as far as I'm concerned.

Mrs. Loudshoes said...

And the happiest of new years to you and Mrs. Jude!!