Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I've Slept with What??

I like to recognize stressors quickly and if possible, remove them from my field of life. Since I'm a firm believer that I am in control of my universe, I have the power and the ability to rid myself of those stressors. I've hit a wall.

Not to brag here but I've accomplished some serious shit in my life so far (as I'm sure each of you have too).

Firefighter.
Slept with buffalo.
EMT.
Backpacked the Grand Canyon.
License Massage Therapist.
Employment by the same company for almost 30 years, a rarity in this day and age.
Biked 600 miles in 7 days in Montana.
Four collage degrees.

Some pretty good success stories.

As far as the stressor is concern, I've hit the same wall over and over again and I'm having a hard time knocking it down or climbing over it. Those demons have been...
weight watchers
nutrisystems
medfast
atkins
vegetarian
south beach
portion control
raw

All of those fuckers have turned into walls for me.

Two weeks ago I went to my regular doctor. My hot, blonde, big breasted Dr. that hugs me every time she sees me wasn't happy with me. She suggested that I do the medifast diet again. So I've looked into it and noticed some changes from the last time I was on it. My box of soy shit arrived at the end of last week and today is day 4 on the diet. I'd be lying if I said everything was honky dory but I'm doing it. 

I have to do it and really, I've slept with buffalo, I should be able to handle this soy shit.

12 comments:

kymberley said...

Best wishes on your journey to improve YOU. I bet you can do it, damn you tackled some big things in your past, soy should be a cakewalk for you.

P.S. Sorry I mentioned cake.
:-(

B said...

Good luck to you. Haven't seen you post in awhile. I am on WW. Shhhh. Don't tell anyone that I am having a pizza delivered in a few minutes!

lyon de clarasvals said...

You can do it. It's not forever right?
Now about the buffalo. I love buffalo. How did you get to sleep with them. Tell us, Please.

poet said...

collAGE degrees? sorry it just jumped out at me. good luck with the diets. i have found that they do not work for me. we are counting calories (since the end of november)and we have a bazillion 100 calorie treats in the pantry. i think i am down nearly 10 pounds. (another, um 50 to go). i used to be a member of TOPS and it really did work for me, oh and walking and other exercise....i really need to do more in that department. best of luck. make today great, you are the only one who can. :)

SquirtyB said...

Don't let it be your wall! You can do it!

I bet your a$$ hurt after 600 miles!

Mel's Way or No Way said...

Don't let her hear you call her a buffalo...big, BIG trouble! ;)

Good luck with your challenge...and just think what a great big hug you will get from you hottie doc when you're successful. There's some motivation for you.

small town dyke said...

You can do it! The cop and I are working out it and I love it (NOT) but ya know I have to do what the nice officer says.

MakingSpace said...

May the wall dissolve before you.

LilliGirl said...

Mel is awesome and so is the pet...When I read about the degrees I pictured you piecing them together. lol

Now the Buffalo is interesting but I want the low-down on the diet please. I too am trying to climb over that wall!

bellygirls said...

You can totally do this. Shit... if I can do it, then you CAN do it!

Slept with buffalo... whoa, you are butch! ;)

lescook said...

Diets don't mean shit unless you exercise. I know it sounds mean and nasty but you must exercise daily, eat properly and drink a shit load of water.

alphafemme said...

Yes! Drinking lots of water REALLY helps! What ML has started doing recently that really helps her is cutting all forms of gluten (and beer) out of her diet completely... EXCEPT for one day a week: her "Free-for-All Day." So during the week she writes down all her glutenous cravings (pizza, bread, pasta...) and on Sunday she goes to the list and eats whatever she wants. Truth is though that most times on Sundays she doesn't even *want* to eat all that. It's mostly a psychological trick. Anyway she feels much better and has lost some inches!!

Sleeping with buffalo is definitely an accomplishment to be proud of.